Flash Player 11 was released but Away3D is still in alpha. 

Software: Away3D 4.x

JAre, Newbie
Posted: 05 October 2011 10:49 PM   Total Posts: 28

Do you have any news, dates?

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 06 October 2011 08:04 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

4.0 is totally usable right now. I don’t know if the devs are planning to have a release party, but now that F11 is in the wild and Away3D runs on it, what difference would it make? Features continue to be added, bugs quashed on a daily basis. That process will no doubt continue with or without a party!

FlyOn, Jr. Member
Posted: 06 October 2011 09:02 AM   Total Posts: 36   [ # 2 ]

Well, the adobe flash site tells me chrome will update for me, and chrome tells me I’m up to date and flash itself tels me its version is 10.3.183…
So to what degree is it in the wild / released?

FlyOn, Jr. Member
Posted: 06 October 2011 09:16 AM   Total Posts: 36   [ # 3 ]

Ah, never mind. Chrome did update just now and FP11 running… guess it’s live! WOOHOO!

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 06 October 2011 04:11 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 4 ]

We do have dates. We were planning to announce them at MAX this week, but ended up showing more cool demos and talking less about things like that. So expect a blog post any day with the official release schedule for Away3D 4.0.

mumumu, Newbie
Posted: 06 October 2011 04:32 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 5 ]

this week,or next week,waiting for this great moment.^V^

JAre, Newbie
Posted: 06 October 2011 09:38 PM   Total Posts: 28   [ # 6 ]
Richard Olsson - 06 October 2011 04:11 PM

We do have dates. We were planning to announce them at MAX this week, but ended up showing more cool demos and talking less about things like that. So expect a blog post any day with the official release schedule for Away3D 4.0.

This is good news, I’ll check the blog every 2 hours:)

JAre, Newbie
Posted: 06 October 2011 09:40 PM   Total Posts: 28   [ # 7 ]
theMightyAtom - 06 October 2011 08:04 AM

4.0 is totally usable right now. I don’t know if the devs are planning to have a release party, but now that F11 is in the wild and Away3D runs on it, what difference would it make? Features continue to be added, bugs quashed on a daily basis. That process will no doubt continue with or without a party!

Yes, but the release means that the core finally stabilized and samples may begin to consistently work:)

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 06 October 2011 09:50 PM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 8 ]

I think when this site went live Away3D 4.0 was informally considered to be in beta, but Pete’s right it’s really a semantics thing. What I’m more concerned about is whether Adobe will be making sure that stuff I compile now to run on FP 11 will continue working as they release additional updates to FP 11. It has been disturbing me that every Away3D demo on the web broke with each new molehill release. That should not happen

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X