New Forum Structure

Software: Other

Alejandro Santander, Administrator
Posted: 16 September 2011 05:06 PM   Total Posts: 414

As you may have noticed, we just changed the forum structure splitting the main category we had into 3 new ones:

- General User Forum
- Away3D User Forum
- AwayPhysics User Forum

The idea is that we start separating discussions by software kind. Discussions that are not specifically related to Away3D or AwayPhysics should go into the General User Forum category. Discussions that are specific to Away3D or AwayPhysics should go into their appropriate categories.

Other categories like “Prefab User Forum”, other software that we are working on, or software that might arise in the future, should have their own categories as well.

The tag/filtering mechanism will continue to work but will no longer refer to “software type”, but rather to “software version”, hence, categories will split software types and tags will help differentiate software versions or releases. This refactor to the tag system is not yet finished, but should occur very soon. For now, please continue using the available tags you find most appropriate for your discussions.

We hope that these changes act as a benefit to everyone!
Please let us know if you have any comments about this.

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 16 September 2011 08:02 PM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 1 ]

wonderful changes. Been hoping for this kind of structure

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 17 September 2011 03:10 AM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 2 ]

Good stuff…. I found before that community discussions, support etc all merged into one…

ddddesigns, Jr. Member
Posted: 17 September 2011 03:21 PM   Total Posts: 37   [ # 3 ]

Any chance we can split Away3D 3.6 and Away3D 4.0?

Posted: 17 September 2011 04:47 PM   Total Posts: 414   [ # 4 ]

ddddesigns, that should be handled by the tags/filters.
If we split by software type and software version, we’d end up with too many categories…

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 September 2011 06:29 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 5 ]

I still feel you need to split between 4.0 and everything else.
As I wrote before, I would have renamed to prevent confusion.
4.0 is just not the continuation the name implies, and often newbies are following tutorials for 3.6 on the understandable assumption that things will work in 4.0, after all why wouldn’t they? (that was a newb impression btw, before anyone writes me an essay on Molehill)

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 September 2011 06:40 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 6 ]

@ mightyatom: you are right !

i hate reading about a topic and spend time thinking about it, before eventually realising that its a topic related to 3.6.

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

Posted: 20 September 2011 07:12 PM   Total Posts: 414   [ # 7 ]

Well, it takes a moment only to read under the title and see what software version the topic refers to.

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 September 2011 07:42 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 8 ]

That fine, but it doesn’t change the problem, i.e. it’s only the devs and a few long term users that know 4 has absolutely nothing to do with 3.6
On the frontpage highlights it shows 3.6 issues even if you’ve filtered them out.

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 September 2011 07:42 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 9 ]

@alejandro: well, you are right, too !

so maybe i am a good example for a chaotic user smile

but even when the first think i do is to check the version, i do need to open the thread. if its a question i am interested in, its a disappointment when i read 3.x and just hit the back-button.

since my first molehill tests, i never compiled a earlier away version again. so for me all 3.x stuff is no longer relevant, and while this forums grows bigger and bigger splitting by software seems just the right think to do. (both for 4 and 3.x users)

i dont want to argue to hard (its your desicion after all), but i really see much more benefits in splitting than in keeping it the way it is.

i imagine awayphysics with its own forum and away3.x and 4 mixed together makes a new user believe awayphyics is working for all awayversions.

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

wagster, Member
Posted: 22 September 2011 12:03 PM   Total Posts: 68   [ # 10 ]

Great. Looking forward to seeing a Prefab forum.

gaddar, Newbie
Posted: 19 October 2011 06:25 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 11 ]

Great,I think this is going to better

Piwie, Newbie
Posted: 01 November 2011 01:54 AM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 12 ]

Hello

Don’t know exactly where to post, but i guess it might be the best place…
My forum account has been entirely delete (i’ve just recreate a new one with the same username), with all my posts and threads. I don’t know if it’s an admin error or something else!

stevehook12, Newbie
Posted: 29 March 2012 09:11 PM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 13 ]

Highly Recommended:)

used textbooks

kathiangle, Newbie
Posted: 13 August 2013 08:34 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 14 ]

Yes, forum to share each of these changes, we are working in a facility. A lot of thanks.

kbolds, Newbie
Posted: 23 October 2013 10:59 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 15 ]

I don’t know how it’s been before, but the forum looks fantastic at the moment! I’m glad to be part of it

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X