Viewport snapshot when using Away3D with Starling

Software: Away3D 4.x

Thomas Weiss, Jr. Member
Posted: 01 March 2013 02:49 AM   Total Posts: 35

Hi,

I am displaying some 2D content with Starling on top of Away3D (4.0) using these guidelines and everything is working fine.
Now I would like to grab a snapshot of the complete Stage3D, including both Away3D & Starling. Right now I am calling Stage3DProxy.context3D.drawToBitmapData just before Stage3DProxy.present in the render loop ; it works on some machines, but fails on others (just grabbing a black surface) so I guess that I’m not doing it right.
I am aware of View3D.renderer.queuesnapshot, but I’m not sure where to call it in such a setup (and whether it would grab everything or just the stuff rendered by Away3D).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot!
Thomas

Matej, Jr. Member
Posted: 25 October 2013 03:56 PM   Total Posts: 38   [ # 1 ]

I would need this also, any way to do it?

Hector, Sr. Member
Posted: 09 June 2016 09:51 AM   Total Posts: 137   [ # 2 ]

Any update on this?

therealloft, Member
Posted: 13 June 2016 09:47 PM   Total Posts: 65   [ # 3 ]

I Think this engine died since adobe pull funding for it 2 years ago. Support non existent. so you probably have to implement yourself or wait for an update that more than likely will never happen. Its sad that the core team have decided to spend there time on the JS version rather than update the AS3 version but i dont think we will see another update for a really long time. But hey what you expect for a open source engine.

Loft

Hector, Sr. Member
Posted: 15 June 2016 06:09 PM   Total Posts: 137   [ # 4 ]

Maybe you are right, it is sad to see such a good engine agonizing. The lack of support or even some news about what’s happening doesn’t give a good impression about the future of their JS or OpenFL versions either. Sorry to sound rude about it, but I don’t want to learn a new programming language every six months. I hope the Away3D team or Adobe do something about it.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X