loading Obj model exported from blender

Software: Away3D 4.x

cheong12001, Newbie
Posted: 09 September 2015 02:34 AM   Total Posts: 3

I am dealing with AWD format, i try the awayBuilder and load the original OBJ Model with matched mtl file which exported from blender. however, the texture loaded correctly in blender but not awayBuilder. what it the problem of my steps, do i need to associate the mtl file in the away builder? Thank you in advanced. the Obj model with associated mtl files i used in awayBuilder is uploaded:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/il4p7n

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 09 September 2015 08:43 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

try load it with Prefab
if it leads to same result, open the process log window, you should get a list of the urls that failed in there. From these, you can extrapolate what is going wrong.

www.closier.nl/prefab

cheong12001, Newbie
Posted: 09 September 2015 10:22 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]
Fabrice Closier - 09 September 2015 08:43 AM

try load it with Prefab
if it leads to same result, open the process log window, you should get a list of the urls that failed in there. From these, you can extrapolate what is going wrong.

www.closier.nl/prefab

when i using the same bench model, Prefab display the correct texture on it which is shown in the screenshot. however, there is an error message saying that some anomalies were found on (1) buffers and corrected where possible when i open this 3d model. after that, the object can be displayed normally unlike away builder. some screenshots are attached in the attachments. Thank you for your help

File Attachments
Desktop.zip  (File Size: 266KB - Downloads: 363)

Posted: 09 September 2015 10:56 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

Well, I don’t know how AB handles missing uv’s, but prefab tells you that into the loaded obj, a mesh was missing uv’s and that a default set was generated and added.

cheong12001, Newbie
Posted: 10 September 2015 01:35 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]
Fabrice Closier - 09 September 2015 10:56 AM

Well, I don’t know how AB handles missing uv’s, but prefab tells you that into the loaded obj, a mesh was missing uv’s and that a default set was generated and added.

But how can i handle this? i try several model with the similar error. but i was loaded normally in blender! Therefore, i can’t convert some obj model into awd format at all.

O_MEGA, Newbie
Posted: 18 January 2016 08:37 PM   Total Posts: 26   [ # 5 ]

Hi guys, I faced with some issue, when I impoert an obj model in Awaybuilder it shoots #2032 error, but it loads the model and related texture , the problem is that the produced AWD file is not usable. What have I done wrong? Do U have any opinion?

Posted: 18 January 2016 11:17 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 6 ]

try load the file in Prefab. if some errors can be repaired, you can reexport as obj again and reload in AB if you want to. In case of error, open the log.

O_MEGA, Newbie
Posted: 26 January 2016 08:32 AM   Total Posts: 26   [ # 7 ]

Tanx dear Fabrice, I discovered my obj file had some serious problems so, I decided to remodel it, and it worked!

Yet I am facing new problem when I want to use the AWD file which contains lighting, it doesn’t show any of those effects!

It baffled me!

And, I checked it with Prefab3D there was no effect too.And one more thing could u introduce me a website that provides a good tutorials on how to use Prefab3D, like this website “http://awaytools.com/awaybuilder/tutorial-01/”
that provides a useful info on how to work with Awaybuilder.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X