Model with animation shifts to a different location once animation starts.

Software: Prefab3D

Eliket, Newbie
Posted: 25 September 2013 02:05 AM   Total Posts: 2

Hi everyone!

I have a model with animation on it that I have created for a game (created and rigged in Blender 2.68 and exported out as a COLLADA file) but everytime I try to put it in game the rotation is out-of-whack.

When I load the file into PreFab, the model will be the correct way, but then when I start the animation the entire thing will move to a new location and it’s rotation will change.

No matter what way I rotate the model in Blender before exporting it, as soon as I start playing the animation the model jumps back to this spot complete with it’s funny rotations.

Does anyone know if this is an export issue, or if it is something in/on my model or animation that is disagreeing with PreFab?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a tonne!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 25 September 2013 10:12 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

The animations are relative to object space data. The position of the model is not relevant for the playback in Prefab or Away3D. However during edits in your editor, I suppose it is. Probably causing the offsets that you are experiencing.

Eliket, Newbie
Posted: 26 September 2013 02:39 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 2 ]

I have managed to solve the rotation issue, but still the model moves down. I think I’m not being very clear with my explanation (sorry!), but now the model physically moves downward but the bounding box and pivot point stay in the same location which happens to be above the characters back.

Because the programmer is working off the characters centre/ pivot point this makes things very tricky as it is now wrong.

It is immensely frustrating as when the COLLADA file is first loaded in, it is in the correct position, but as soon as I double click on the model and play the animation it shifts downwards and no amount of undoing (or stopping the animation) resets it back to the position it was in when it was first imported.

stani.spb, Newbie
Posted: 05 February 2014 12:55 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 3 ]

Did you manage to understand what is causing the problem?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X