Multiple .Obj file import

Software: Prefab3D

monark, Newbie
Posted: 12 December 2012 11:39 AM   Total Posts: 9

It would be great if you could batch import more than one .obj file at a time.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 12 December 2012 12:33 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Can you give me a use case here?

monark, Newbie
Posted: 12 December 2012 12:35 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 2 ]

Sure, I’m currently importing 60+ models and it’s taking me all day. Especially with the need to constantly restart in order to rename them.

Posted: 12 December 2012 12:46 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

You know that adding just o tag with a name in obj file would lead to propper naming.
A simple local script in php, little AIR app or whatever script you preffer would save yopu all these edits once file is loaded.

That having said, Prefab has already a command line listener active en indeed some batch features could be handled this way. Thinking about it, that’d be quite a nice addition…

monark, Newbie
Posted: 12 December 2012 01:52 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 4 ]

That is extremely handy to know, thanks!

Shaedo, Newbie
Posted: 13 August 2013 01:48 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 5 ]
Fabrice Closier - 12 December 2012 12:46 PM

You know that adding just o tag with a name in obj file would lead to proper naming.

Apologies for being obtuse but could someone please elaborate on how to add an o tag to an obj file? I’d be happy to write a php script or air to do a batch convert if I only knew what syntax to use for the file smile

Posted: 13 August 2013 02:20 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 6 ]

simply add char o+1 space+name before the first v tag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavefront_.obj_file

Shaedo, Newbie
Posted: 14 August 2013 02:14 AM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 7 ]

Thanks Fabrice, much appreciated. I was hoping that this might change the file name as well when exporting as an awd2. I’ve got about 3500 .obj files I’d like to convert to awd2 so here’s hoping a batch convert option comes out soon smile

Posted: 14 August 2013 08:00 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 8 ]

The next update I’m currently working on, means lots of work. Unfortunatly, unlike most of my updates in the past, I cannot release this one in steps spreaded over a few updates. However, even if the batch functionality is already partly implemented, I cannot garanty atm that it will be part of the very next release as there are a few annoying bugs with higher priority that I would preffer see gone first.

‹‹ XML export

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X