Special 88% discount on Art Assets from Arteria3d to the Away3d community

Software: Away3D 4.x

arteria3d, Newbie
Posted: 24 April 2013 08:31 PM   Total Posts: 2

My name is Steve, and I run Arteria3d.com. A 3d asset store that has been running for almost 8 years now, providing 3d art assets and audio to the game creation communities.  As out first post here, we would like to share our promotion week discount with you all, at 88%.  The store has store wide discount on almost all products at 88%.

Hopefully this post wont get removed, as over the years we have built good reputations with the various game engine communities, as they see the benefit of what we provide to their community members.

Main Website:
Arteria3d.com
http://www.arteria3d.com

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 24 April 2013 09:02 PM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 1 ]

Heh, I put Arteria3D in my bookmarks some years ago smile
I don’t use 3D resources much yet though, but I’m starting to grow some muscle in that area so I might try and buy a few.

I appreciate that the site displays the amount of bones a model has. Away3D works best with at most 32 bones it seems; above that, there is a risk that animation will occur on the CPU.

So what I’m coming to is, is there a way to sort all models according to their amount of bones ?

That would be nice. It seems 32 is a pretty low number and most models have at least 50 bones. It doesn’t look too easy to find 32-, though I have to say it’s way easier than on the few sites I visited this week.

arteria3d, Newbie
Posted: 24 April 2013 09:07 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 2 ]

The animal models unforuntunatally wouldn’t be able to be reduced but in the near future I could see about reducing some of the existing characters.  Its not a quick job, as it would mean re rigging the vertices that were attached to the specific bones we remove, and they would need smoothing again, but something definatally to consider strongly if there is an interest from this community.
Thankyou for your interest in Arteria3d.

Best wishes

Steve

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 24 April 2013 09:45 PM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 3 ]

For anyone interested, these two models have 35 bones. Other characters have more.

This one is cool and is the animal with the lowest amount, 40. Animation will fall back on the CPU but you don’t need 700 rhinos in your scene so it’s fine xD

@Arteria3D:

Well it’s worth studying the topic. Don’t take my word for it and double check anything I say here, but I think this limitation is within Stage3D, so anything 3D running in Flash or Air will have that issue.

Meaning there could be demand for low-bones animations beyond the limits of this community.
Note that there are probably be other limitations on flash-compliant models, such as a maximum of 4 joints per vertex and an eventual max number of vertices, but I’m not knowledgeable enough to list them. It might be worth contacting the Away team and other Flash 3D engines. Please do post your results if you end up digging the topic, I would very much like to know too smile

Then you’d have to advertise how your models are super compliant with Stage3D limitations, unlike most of the other 3D resource websites smile (most users probably don’t know what kind of models work best; but if a site “brags” about it they might start turning down sites who do not)

FYI this thread attempts to explain the limitation on bone quantity.
And this post quickly lists the 3 limitations I talked about here

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X