Animation and path animation

Software: Prefab3D

Wucka, Newbie
Posted: 29 October 2012 05:30 PM   Total Posts: 23

Hello prefab group,

I am checking back in on the progress of prefab 2. This new version definitely pushed our projects much further then before, and Fabrice has been a huge help in letting us know some time of time frame on new features we are looking forward to.

I am curious as to the progress on some of these features:

Path animation like what prefab v1 had. The path creator and everything was extremely useful. Curious if there is any eta on that item.

Also we are curious about bone and vertex animation. We are very happy with the new guys system and the tweens we are able to create, but we are also in need of a more complex system that involves bones and armatures.

Any information on time frames for these items or how we can do some of these things would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wucka

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 29 October 2012 09:52 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Vertex animation edtor is now released. In its first functional state (not has friendly/easy as I want it to be yet). The new toy is located under the “vertex” menu.
I’m busy improving it, (more details over it into the release thread + video demo). Today improved the vertex layer (also required for mesh edit tools), so next update will have uniform scaling for the vertices and support for multiple subgeometries. A nice key mapping is more or less what needs to be done on this one. Unless I get requests for specific functionality. ETA probaly before end of november.

Path generation/animations are on hold till some key problems are solved. Such as a nice visualisation, in/out format and PrefabProject files.
ETA probably early 2013. You can still can use P1 to generate in meanwhile.
I may reintroduce Profiles + edits/save first, required for PathExtrudes and LatheExtrudes. Once Path is back is the house, a series of new “guys” will be added.

Skeleton generation + animation is also on todo, but no ETA on this one yet.

“We are very happy with the new guys system and the tweens we are able to create”
I’d be very happy to see what you guys do with them and what you would like to see improved/added etc…

GideonGyasi, Newbie
Posted: 19 February 2013 07:54 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 2 ]

Projector SuperStore is your one stop shop for all things presentaiton. Projector SuperStore is your number one resource for Presentation Equipment including Projectors and Projector Accessories from Panasonic, EPSON, Sanyo, Sony, Mitsubishi, InFocus, NEC and more. Visit: http://www.projectorsuperstore.com/

Wucka, Newbie
Posted: 03 February 2014 08:55 PM   Total Posts: 23   [ # 3 ]

Hello Fabrice,

I wanted to follow up my previous question here about path animation. My work has pulled me away from working in 3D, but the future may allow some work and I wanted to check in with the status on the path animations.

I know the prefav v1 path animator is an option as you said in your response above, but I was just curious if a new path animator was still in the plans or if it was close to having a release date.

Any information will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Wucka

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X