Sea3D import

Software: Away3D 4.x

Donny, Jr. Member
Posted: 29 January 2013 03:30 AM   Total Posts: 34

I don’t suppose there’s any plans for Prefab to be able to import/handle Sea3D files? I’ve found the format highly effective when moving between 3DS Max and Away3D. Primarily it’s very easy to target groups of meshes and materials/lights import well. The only catch is its init time, which is substantial when on iPad. And nothing compares to AS3 classes when initiating!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 29 January 2013 09:03 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Actually that’s pretty much the inverse! I do plan to support Sea3D.
Reason why it’s not done yet, is simply because I was busy on own format, which in the end must support all that comes in and all that is added in the app.Sea3D parser is also not plug and play for me, and will require a time investment, which I cannot make atm because of other focus.
I have added support for sour files 2 releases ago and updated ThreeJS exports. I say this, just to remind you that this app, is not focussing on Aw3 only. Its all about flash3d and ease workflows.

“And nothing compares to AS3 classes when initiating!”
Indeed! beep! beep! Not bad for 2 lines of code on your side smile

Note that skeleton to as3 is currently under dev. I hope offer this option very soon. which will bring as3 exports to 1/1 reconstruct of any thing possible in Prefab.

Donny, Jr. Member
Posted: 29 January 2013 11:44 PM   Total Posts: 34   [ # 2 ]

Thanks Fabrice. Looking forward to it!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X