New Vertex Animation Request

Software: Prefab3D

Wucka, Newbie
Posted: 09 November 2012 02:38 PM   Total Posts: 23

Hello all,

I want to start by thanking you Fabrice for your help with my question about vertex animations and such. Something else has come up that we would like to request if possible for the vertex animation.

We are trying to create a fluid vertex animation simulation resembling a size altering pulse, but we are doing this with two separate meshes that share seams. I am curious if it would be possible to either:

Load 2 meshes into the vertex animator, or

Have a un-selectable reference of meshes that are loaded into prefab so we can match up seams or locations of other meshes in the scene.

Once again I want to thank you guys for your work, and thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Thanks,

Wucka

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 09 November 2012 03:41 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

This is already functional. Simply ensure that nothing is selected in scene, open editor, a popup will be displayed. Choose a 3d file to load. (must be a single mesh) then duplicate the node or add a new one and load another file with your changes. It must have the same amount of vertices.

You need 2 frames(nodes) in your case, but you can add/remove/edit/reedit nodes as you please.

next update: way better edits/selection/display/perf

Wucka, Newbie
Posted: 09 November 2012 09:48 PM   Total Posts: 23   [ # 2 ]

Ah, thank you for the clarification Fabrice.

Wucka

‹‹ Animation and path animation

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X