Edit Asset Name Bug

Software: Away3D 4.x

Donny, Jr. Member
Posted: 01 November 2012 04:34 AM   Total Posts: 34

I change an asset name through edit asset name for example to “plateLobby”. Then I change another to “plateRetail”. The asset I named “plateLobby” will become “plateRetail0”. This indexing continues for each asset I rename.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 01 November 2012 09:15 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

This is not a bug at all. You simply do not define how the ids management needs to be done to fit your project. By default name duplication are catched with a suffix.

But you can tell the library to keep the old name and correct the new asset having the same name or do the inverse, you can ask to ignore any management etc…

here 2 examples
// the original name stays as first defined, following occurance will be renamed
AssetLibrary.conflictPrecedence = ConflictPrecedence.FAVOR_OLD;
//ignore management
AssetLibrary.conflictStrategy = new IgnoreConflictStrategy();

Take a look at the AssetLibrary.conflictStrategy.

Donny, Jr. Member
Posted: 05 November 2012 01:59 AM   Total Posts: 34   [ # 2 ]

Ah k, but why do “plateLobby” and “plateRetail” create a name conflict?

Bonno, Newbie
Posted: 06 November 2012 07:38 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 3 ]

When invoking the asset finder for asset selection (used in asset creation wizard, nesting assets, applying thumbnails, related asset metadata field) to select the site asset, the home page is selected instead. This is due to standard asset finder (from toolbar) functionality that redirects to the home page when selecting the site asset to avoid site asset editing. Corrected to allow site asset selection when invoked for non redirect purposes.

Faschingskostüm
Faschingskostüm

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X