Skybox not showing up after export from Prefab 2

Software: Away3D 3.x

Majo, Newbie
Posted: 12 October 2012 09:39 AM   Total Posts: 22

Hi everyone,
I am having some trouble with adding a skybox. In Prefab 2, I added a skybox, with the six neccesary images. So far so good, and it shows up pefectly in Prefab 2.

In that same scene there is a room, through which the user will be able to walk. The room has some windows, through which the skybox can be seen.

The whole scene is exported as AWD1 and then used with Away3D 3.6. The model of the room is visible and works fine, but the skybox on the outside is not visible at all. No errors, it just doesn’t show.

Is this purely because Away3D 3.6 doesn’t support the skybox exported from Prefab 2, or am I doing something wrong?

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 12 October 2012 11:33 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

As said in reply yesterday, awd1 contains only static meshes with own single diffuse material. Prefab2 allows you to save the map required for a 3.x project, where you can use 1 single map instead of 6.

Majo, Newbie
Posted: 15 October 2012 11:20 AM   Total Posts: 22   [ # 2 ]
Fabrice Closier - 12 October 2012 11:33 AM

Prefab2 allows you to save the map required for a 3.x project, where you can use 1 single map instead of 6.

I am a bit confused… I am using Prefab 2, and what you are saying is that if you use Prefab 2, you CAN save the map required for a 3.X-project. Or is is because I am saving to AWD1 instead of AWD2 that the Skybox is not showing up?

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 15 October 2012 11:35 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

Prefab2 has a cubical renderer that does generate the imagery for Skybox & environement reflections. The data generated consist of 6 maps (gpu requirement). There is next to these one 3.x export bitmap where the 6 maps are composed in one map to fit away3 requirements. It’s the map that you need if you make a Skybox, environment reflection or cube with map6.

The export to awd1 exports, as said, only the scenegraph with static geometries and their respective diffuse materials. Nothing else.

If you want a skybox in 3.x, you will have to code it in your project.
But you could use Prefab1 or 2 to generate the map for you if you haven’t got one or because you want it really reflects the scenery that you made.

Majo, Newbie
Posted: 15 October 2012 11:59 AM   Total Posts: 22   [ # 4 ]

Thanks for your reply Fabrice, I think I understand it now smile

I have tried adding a Skybox6 by using the code provided in the Intermediate_Skybox.FLA-example, but it isn’t quite working out. For some reason a wireframe is shown instead of the images :\ The same is true for the model of the room, but I hadn’t actaully added a material to that yet. But I think that’s a question I should post at the Away3D Support forum smile

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X