EnvMapTest demo not working in RC1

Software: Away3D 4.x

Taylorius, Newbie
Posted: 13 September 2011 02:01 PM   Total Posts: 3

Hi,

I’ve been trying out the examples for Broomstick, and am having problems with the EnvMapTest demo. When I compile and run it, I get the small monitoring panel in the top left corner, but no 3D appears.

I tried running another demo, CellShadingTest and it works as expected.

A bit of background - I have a suspicion that CubeTextures (which are used by the EnvMapTest demo) are not working in RC1, and have raised it with Adobe. However I would be interested to know if others have had the same problem, or if everything is working fine for them.

I must say I’m very impressed with Away3D so far, congratulations guys!

Best Regards

Matt Taylor

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 13 September 2011 02:42 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 1 ]

Works for me.

Sure that “the small monitoring panel in the top left corner, but no 3D appears” is some bug.
Had the same issue with IE but not firefox.
Also may be related to flex, as just updated flash develop and flex (although not sure if the flex version is different from the previous install).
meh random guesses wink

Alejandro Santander, Administrator
Posted: 13 September 2011 02:59 PM   Total Posts: 414   [ # 2 ]

Hey Taylorius,

When using the FP11 RC1 debug player (and compiling in debug mode), do you get any runtime errors?

Taylorius, Newbie
Posted: 13 September 2011 04:27 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 3 ]

HI Alejandro

I don’t get any error messages coming up, just a complete lack of 3d. In the log file I get a load of AGAL instructions, I suppose Away3D is tracing out it’s shaders as it builds them.

I’ve tried 8 or so demo programs, and the only ones that seem to work are CelShadingTest and AnimatedBitmapMaterialTest, the rest refuse to draw any 3d.

if I click on the pre-compiled demos here:

http://away3d.com/comments/away3d-4-0-alpha-release-broomstick

I do get the error “Cannot create property transparent on flash.display.Stage3D” so my errors are getting displayed. I’m aware that Adobe have changed the api a little since the incubator release. If I click “dismiss all” on this error, an interface comes up, but no 3d.

Do any precompiled demos exist that have been built with the new version of Away3D that is compatible with Flash 11 RC1? It would be great to test a demo to see if it’s my compile environment messing things up somehow, or if it’s the player misbehaving on my machine.

Best Regards

Matt

Taylorius, Newbie
Posted: 13 September 2011 04:34 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]
JohnBrookes - 13 September 2011 02:42 PM

Works for me.

Sure that “the small monitoring panel in the top left corner, but no 3D appears” is some bug.
Had the same issue with IE but not firefox.
Also may be related to flex, as just updated flash develop and flex (although not sure if the flex version is different from the previous install).
meh random guesses wink

Hi John

Thanks for that - I’ve just installed the latest version of FlashDevelop 4, which downloaded flex 4.5.1. However, I get the same issue.

Best Regards

Matt

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 13 September 2011 04:39 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 5 ]

Shouldnt be tracing out AGAL not done that for a few versions back.
Sure your usinng latest away
https://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11

Taylorius, Newbie
Posted: 13 September 2011 04:51 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 6 ]

Ah - that’s exactly it. I got the Away3D release from github, and also the github version of the broomstick demos - and it works!

Brilliant! Thanks a lot for your help!

Matt Taylor

Alejandro Santander, Administrator
Posted: 13 September 2011 07:18 PM   Total Posts: 414   [ # 7 ]

Thanks John Brookes!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X