What is the direction of Away Fundation? Is Away JS/TypeScript still the future?

Software: Other

Ludovic, Jr. Member
Posted: 13 May 2016 06:08 PM   Total Posts: 31

Hello, what is the direction of Away Foundation?
Is Away JS/TypeScript still the future or has the foundation steered in a new direction again? It looks like Away3d TypeScript commits are rare. After completing several projects on Away3d AS3, I invested significant time working on Away3d TypeScript using TS 1.5 version but it does not look like the library is keeping up with the TypeScript org which is now on version 1.8 I believe. To be honest I am not even sure what is the highest version of TypeScript supported by the Away library because I cannot find that info anywhere on the site. So what is the future made of for the Away3D library? back to AS3, forward with TypeScript, or turn to Haxe. There is so little communication on direction and setting up environments that it is hard to know what is going on. I want to promote Away3D in TypeScript because of the time I invested but it is a tough sell with other developers as they cannot find up to date information to get started and also there is nothing that indicates library/product direction. Is the Foundation in limbo or is everyone just too busy to communicate with the user community, not sure what is going on anymore, please advise. Thank you.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X