Latest Blender Exporter (AWD)

Software: Away3D 4.x

rustyk, Newbie
Posted: 17 March 2016 02:27 PM   Total Posts: 22

Hi,

I’m having trouble finding the latest Blender Exporter. Where can I download the complete files? I’m using Blender 2.7x

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 17 March 2016 09:28 PM   Total Posts: 133   [ # 1 ]

Personally.. I don’t know BUT

Just export from Blender into any of the Supported files by PreFab. It was pretty much designed for this job. to take a 3D model and do it up for Away3d.

you can download Prefab here: http://www.closier.nl/prefab/
I know it supports:
PFB, AC, OBJ, AWD, DAE, DXF, 3DS, ASD, MD2, SOUR, STL AND MD5.
You can then export to:
OBJ, AC, MD2, JS, DXF, STL, AS, AWD1, AWD2 and ASD

rustyk, Newbie
Posted: 18 March 2016 12:49 AM   Total Posts: 22   [ # 2 ]

Thanks.  I already have Prefab installed but I’m having troubles setting up the materials list when imported as obj.

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 18 March 2016 08:07 AM   Total Posts: 133   [ # 3 ]

oh? what kind of trouble? might be able to help with that.

rustyk, Newbie
Posted: 19 March 2016 12:06 AM   Total Posts: 22   [ # 4 ]

Thanks Temp111, I have a typical model with multiple materials, with this one it’s two. Exported it from Blender as obj and when I import it to Prefab it does not load the material/texture. So tried doing it manually does not also help at all as when I apply one material it applies it on both.

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 19 March 2016 11:56 AM   Total Posts: 133   [ # 5 ]

Okay.

When you load the obj into Prefab, you’ll see the ‘Meshes’ list on the right side of the screen. next to the tab name you’ll see ‘Materials’. click on this.

Hopefully, that’ll bring up a list showing 3 materials (difuseMap, normalMap and specularMap). below that should be a list of Materials. if you use two, there’ll probably be.. 3 listed there..

Any chance of a screenshot? it’ll help a bit ^_^

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 19 March 2016 07:59 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 6 ]

if the obj comes with an .mtl file, open it and make sure it uses relative path like textures/thefileyouneed.jpg and not z:/somedir/textures/thefileyouneed.jpg

You can set up blender to export with relative path. Away and prefab compose the url from the file location.

If it applies on more meshes, simply select only one and press apply. You can see in mesh panel which one is selected.

rustyk, Newbie
Posted: 19 March 2016 11:54 PM   Total Posts: 22   [ # 7 ]

Thanks Temp111, I tried with the AwayBuilder again and it works now when applying manually! Now I need to check out how to properly convert textures to ATF. smile

Hey Fabrice, thanks for the follow-up tip! :D I will check my mtl file again and perhaps get to import it now automatically.

cheers.

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 March 2016 12:36 AM   Total Posts: 133   [ # 8 ]

No problem

‹‹ [3.6] SpriteSessions

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X