Prefab - Away3D

Software: Prefab3D

zkidkid, Newbie
Posted: 15 June 2011 03:28 AM   Total Posts: 1

Hi,
I created a *.dae file in maya 2011
And I loaded it successful in Away3D
But when I tried to import it to Prefab, I saw nothing whether preFab has told “Import successful”.

Now If I import manually, which will be limit for my code ? How about lighting & shader ?  Is it more difficult than using preFab and export to Away3D ?

Thanks.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 15 June 2011 08:33 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

If Prefab displays the message ‘import successfull’ and displays nothing, its probably due to wrong/missing url’s. Open from menu the log, you might be able to spot where something goes wrong.

Prefab3D 1.5x is ment to be used for Away3D projects up to 3.6 and Lite; Flash 9 and 10. The version 2.0 dedicated to 4.0+, with as3, animation and materials export is in the making.

In meanwhile, you can export Away 4.0 content from the actual Prefab in .obj, .ac and .awd1 formats.

zkidkid, Newbie
Posted: 17 June 2011 02:44 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 2 ]

hi,
I also think that the maya have some option that I should check before I export my image.

I attach here my screen when I import model which I have exported from maya to PreFab.

You could see, it is just a simple sphere in maya, but in prefab it look like missing uv or something else.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X