Fix for Stage3D.viewPort API change

Software: Away3D 4.x

derek.adams, Newbie
Posted: 24 August 2011 09:28 PM   Total Posts: 2

I have been trying to get Away3D working in Flash Builder 4.5 in a Flex (4.5.1) project, but have run into the problem with API changes reported in this bug report. Has anyone looked at this yet, or should I try diving into the source code to see if I can fix it?

Thanks,
Derek

derek.adams, Newbie
Posted: 24 August 2011 10:03 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 1 ]

I took a quick look at the source code and it looks like Stage3DProxy just wraps the Stage3D.viewPort and facades it for use by other classes. The only dependent class was RendererBase, so I removed the property in Stage3DProxy and the references in RendererBase. After that, I was able to successfully run an example. I have a patch file, but I can’t figure out how to attach it since the forum doesn’t seem to like the txt, diff, or svn suffixes when I try to upload.

Somokon, Member
Posted: 24 August 2011 11:37 PM   Total Posts: 75   [ # 2 ]

You shouldn’t need to go into the source code as the latest version of away3d works fine with the latest beta release.  When you compile in flash builder, are you targetting Flash Player version 11.0.0 ?  Also -swf-version=13 needs to be in the compiler arguments.

Also, make sure you are using the latest playerglobal.swc from Adobe.

If you need more help I can write up more detailed steps to get it to compile and run.

derek.adams, Newbie
Posted: 25 August 2011 02:25 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 3 ]

It turned out that I was using the wrong codebase. I loaded the latest (trunk) from the SVN repository rather than looking in git. After loading https://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11 every,thing worked great!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X