Prefab installing problem

Software: Prefab3D

Antoine, Newbie
Posted: 07 March 2014 05:16 PM   Total Posts: 6

Hello,

I’m using an ‘old’ Prefab version (Prefab3D_2.116.air) because it’s the only way I found to display my 3d model from Blender (also an old version : blender-2.63a-release-windows32) in Away3D (last version Away3D 4.1).

In fact, i’ve installed Prefab3D (release 2.116) on 3 computers, but on the newer, using OS Windows 8, the installation worked one time and no more.

Now,  i would like to reinstall Prefab but each time I do it, Adobe Air install this but can’t launch the application. Prefab3D.exe seems to be used by process named “System” and I can’t delete it.

Now, i can’t launch Prefab3D in any version. So, i think to recover my pc. Except if you have any solution?

thks

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 07 March 2014 10:41 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

The AIR runtime installer comes with a utility that allows you to managed installed apps. You should be able to remove the app and reinstall it.

As i’m busy on a new update, it would be nice if you could provide me the obj+mtl+resources so I could try make it run in the new version. I may also have a clue why this older version loads and display while the current would not (as it seams to be the suggestion). Please send your files to fabrice3d at gmail dot com

Antoine, Newbie
Posted: 08 March 2014 11:23 AM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 2 ]

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for reply. The 3D model is a animated AWD model. It’s a very basic model textured loaded in Flashdevelop.

To create this animated model :

o   I build it with armature in Blender 2.63a and export it to .Dae
o   Import this .Dae file in Prefab3D 2.116 and export it to awd2.

Next this, I can load it in Flashdevelop (FlexSDK 4.6.0)

File Attachments
3D.zip  (File Size: 74KB - Downloads: 526)

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X