Prefab doesn’t load 3DS file from 3DSMax 2013

Software: Prefab3D

aeki, Member
Posted: 29 April 2013 05:19 PM   Total Posts: 73

For some strange reason, Prefab doesn’t load 3DS file from 3dsMax 2013. The parsing indicator in Prefab keeps show “Parsing 100%”, but doesn’t show the model.

It does however work fine for files from 3dsMax 2012 or 3dsMax 2014.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 29 April 2013 06:32 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

I do not work much with 3ds and this is the first time something like this is being reported. Please send me the file offline at fabrice3d at gmail dot com. So I can reproduce and eventually add a fix for the next release.
Also, try to make other exports using other meshes with version 2013, to see if its indeed a format change or something that is going wrong for an isolated problem present in your specifc mesh.

Sandro, Newbie
Posted: 29 April 2013 07:26 PM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 2 ]
Fabrice Closier - 29 April 2013 06:32 PM

and this is the first time something like this is being reported

Indeed there is a problem with the 3ds exporter in 3ds max 2013 - not be recorded materials.
But the problem with importing any normal 3ds in Preab3d started around November-December 2012.
I write from the built-id form in Preab3d that no longer loaded 3ds files.
2 months later Fabrice answered: Can you provide me your files at the above emailadress so I can test them please?.
Of course for 2 months I found other ways. And you can take any 3ds to ensure - many will not load.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 29 April 2013 08:12 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

@Sandro, I’m sorry if I haven’t replied or responded to your other requests (I get quite a few per day). I do however test all I recieve at least once.
If you have send a report from prefab, I do respond most of the reports when a valid email is provided.
I do not have 3dmax on my machine and not much 3ds files. Most the 3ds I have tested that were provided and failing to load were having geometry issues, such as missing uv’s or eof issues.
Transform issues that were reported and comfirmed for this format, were fixed in a past update.

aeki, Member
Posted: 30 April 2013 07:13 AM   Total Posts: 73   [ # 4 ]

Hi all

After a few new tests, it seems that 3DS from Max2013 WITH texture coordinates doesn’t load in Prefab. 3DS from Max2013 WITHOUT texture coordinates just load fine.

@Fabrice : I send you by email you a few files for test and debug.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X