SkeletonClipState new Property

Software: Away3D 4.x

nothingcasual, Newbie
Posted: 18 November 2012 03:37 PM   Total Posts: 1

I’m not sure if it is the right place to do this, but I want to ask about a simple change.
In our current project we are working with Skeleton animations, and we use them with updatePosition = false because the mesh translations are managed by our model and not by the animations, I know there is a lot to discuss about this strategy, but it works for us.
The thing is that we don’t use the animation position change, but we need the joint root animation which is skipped in SkeletonClipState, in the method updateSkeletonPose() when it updates all the joints, it just skip the first one.
Think in a soldier, it’s translation among the field is given for a method instead of the animation itself, but when he crouches, his translation doesn’t change but his body root joint must to move down.
A new property which let define if you want to skip the joint root animation or not will works great for us.
Now we are working with a version of this class changed, because to do this in the right way we should extends many classes and rewrite some methods too, and we also think that it could be useful for others too.
Thanks!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X