Setting up away 3d in flash cs6 permanently

Software: Away3D 4.x

moraless, Newbie
Posted: 18 November 2012 01:31 AM   Total Posts: 6

Hello everyone,

I’m new in Away 3D, but i need to integrate it in flash cs6 to do a work for school. I want to create an animation in flash that represents a fibre-optic wire with maybe a photon inside it reflecting on the cylindrically walls of the wire.

My problem is that when i try to install the “away-core-fp11_4_1_0_Alpha.swc” file it gives me an error after importing saying “Unexpected file format”. ?

I’ve tested copying the src files to my project folder and everything worked fine, but, in a video i saw, it was told that if we want to able flash to be configured permanently with these away 3d src files we should install the file i mentioned above.

If there is an another way of setting up the away 3d permanently on flash i would appreciate.

Sorry if there is already a topic for this subject.

Thanks for your attention.

Moraless

Alejandro Santander, Administrator
Posted: 18 November 2012 04:58 AM   Total Posts: 414   [ # 1 ]

Hey,

Away3D behaves like any other AS3 library. I suggest that you start googling how to do that. What do you mean by “installing” the swc or setting it up permanently?

moraless, Newbie
Posted: 18 November 2012 12:47 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 2 ]
Alejandro Santander - 18 November 2012 04:58 AM

Hey,

Away behaves like any other AS3 library. I suggest that you start googling how to do that. What do you mean by “installing” the swc or setting it up permanently?

Well, i mean that everytime i want to create something in flash/actionscript with away 3D i don’t need to paste the src files in some project folder. I want to create an actionscript/flash where it recognizes automatically the away 3D api…

So, how do i can set up actionscript or flash to recognize it…

And why does it gives me that error ?

Thanks

Posted: 18 November 2012 04:11 PM   Total Posts: 414   [ # 3 ]

Preferences -> Actionscript -> AS3 Settings -> Library Path + Browse to SWC File…?

moraless, Newbie
Posted: 18 November 2012 04:12 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 4 ]

Sorry about double post, but i already solve my problem, well at least it works.

Well, i just did on flash cs 6: Edit > Preferences > ActionScript > ActionScript 3.0 settings > Library path. And then i add the library path where the away3d-core-fp11_4_1_0_Alpha.swc was.

And it works for every new flash/actionscript i create from now on.

I just thought that double clicking on this file will “install” this library on flash.

I know, maybe it is a very basic topic i created, but i’m a newbie anyway smile.

But if i am not doing it right i would accept opinions.

Thanks

Posted: 18 November 2012 04:21 PM   Total Posts: 414   [ # 5 ]

Nope, that’s it! Have a good time with the code now :D
Our tutorials sections http://away3d.com/tutorials is a great place to get started.

moraless, Newbie
Posted: 18 November 2012 04:44 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 6 ]

Thanks.

For now i haven’t much time to explore this engine because i have more things to study, but maybe in the end of my course i’ll think in a more seriously 3D apps. Game development is something i would like to do in the future. I know of course that i’ve got a lot to learn too.

And by the way, sorry about my bad english if it is.

Cumps

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X