Ambiant light missing from initial instance of an object causing a flicker on first appearance

Software: Away3D 4.x

Jake, Newbie
Posted: 29 August 2012 01:50 PM   Total Posts: 11

Similar to another recent post:
http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/3019/

I see a dark flicker of new objects that have been attached to a container, on the first time _view.render() is called after the objects are added.  The whole scene is dark on the first rendering, but not black, it’s somewhat of a guess that only the ambient is missing.

This is a broomstick vintage project being updated, I found that eliminating the light assignment to the view:

_view.scene.addChild(_light);
_view.scene.addChild(_light2);
_view.scene.addChild(_light3);

And just using the individual mesh TextureMaterial and plane ColorMaterial lights now in a LightPickers, the initial dark object instance gets fixed.

(After that chance I still see a darker initial iteration of the scene, but it’s as the player is giving a missing sound url alert)

I’m using the same 3 lights in the LightPicker, with only 1 assigned an ambient value.

I haven’t tried or even looked into whether a LightPicker can now be used on the view as well.

Sorry I don’t have any tidy isolated example code.

In case it’s platform specific like that other post may be, I’m testing on a Mac Mini using NVIDIA GeForce 320M.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X