Prefab Class export

Software: Away3D 4.x

Manuel L., Member
Posted: 06 August 2012 09:39 AM   Total Posts: 99

Hey guys,
i tried the class export of the latest prefab with away3d gold.

the first issue was that the images were embedded doubletime, so i got an error. when i solved this by deleting i get an context3d error :-(

how can i use the class export of prefab or does it not work at the moment?

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 06 August 2012 10:21 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Can you send me the model + as3 please.

Manuel L., Member
Posted: 06 August 2012 10:47 AM   Total Posts: 99   [ # 2 ]

yes of course, here it is:

http://eyearmedia.de/download/model.zip

its named model but it contains the model and the prefab exported class files.

Posted: 06 August 2012 11:11 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

Just did a quick inspection of your model subgeometries. There are multiple materials set. (2 per mesh, mesh.material & mesh.submeshes[0].material).
Prefab doesn’t support this for as3 exports yet. (it should in a not so far future)

The fix for now, is simply to open your mesh details, on the subgeometry, select material and set to null or delete the materials from material list that are not ment to be used. Then export.

What you also can do is select all and apply only one material. then export.

Manuel L., Member
Posted: 06 August 2012 11:31 AM   Total Posts: 99   [ # 4 ]

Thank you Fabrice, dont know why every mesh got 2 materials, but i tried with a new model. now there is only one material for a mesh and the double material error doenst appear again, thats good, but i still get the “context3d isnt available” error :(

i uploaded at for you again if you want to have a look.

http://eyearmedia.de/download/MyClass.zip

thank you!

Posted: 06 August 2012 11:41 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 5 ]

In meanwhile, just made a test with your model, once I remove the submeshes materials, and apply only one material to all meshes (you can see the used count on material preview), if i export, there is only one map embedded, and all seams ok. compiles and displays the expected.

The error you get has nothing to do with the as3 outputs. Check your project/compiler settings. Make sure you do test with the right player, and the html wmode etc…

Manuel L., Member
Posted: 06 August 2012 11:49 AM   Total Posts: 99   [ # 6 ]

omg, i`m so sorry ... its not the first time, i forgot to set wmode to direct in html-template.

thank yoyu very much, it works great!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X