Robotlegs integration

Software: Away3D 4.x

wagster, Member
Posted: 14 July 2011 09:03 PM   Total Posts: 68

Paul Tondeur did a bit of work making it easier to use Away3D 4 in a Robotlegs project and put in a pull request:

http://www.paultondeur.com/2011/03/07/robotlegs-away3d-4-broomstick-integration-with-a-wink-at-unity/

As I’m currently doing exactly that, can anyone tell me if there are any plans to make this part of the core?

It’s not a big thing, but would be kind of handy.

Cheers!

wagster, Member
Posted: 16 July 2011 07:16 PM   Total Posts: 68   [ # 1 ]

For anyone that’s interested, I’ve had a play with the library and found out a few things. 

There are some dependencies that have been removed from Away3D 4 - so it’s not going to work without some fixing.

It shows a good approach for marrying the two frameworks together, anyone planning to use both would probably find a quick glance through the classes would be time well spent.

It allows you to map multiple mediators to a single view.  If you need to do that, then this will help.  I don’t, so that’s not a consideration for me, but I imagine that would be very handy for game devs.

Fundamentally, all you really have to do make an Object3D into a View is map it manually:

mediatorMap.createMediator(viewComponent);

- that’s it.  (It’s because by default Robotlegs automatically creates the Mediator when the View dispatches Event.ADDED_TO_STAGE.  Object3Ds don’t dispatch that, so you have to create the Mediator yourself.)

I’m not going to use it because I’d have to fix it and I don’t really need it, but it was well worth looking at.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X