ALL CUBE, TRIANGLE OR SPHERE…IT SEEM TOO SMALL, WHY?

Software: Away3D 3.x

Frank, Newbie
Posted: 30 October 2011 02:31 PM   Total Posts: 9

Please i need help, im studying the away3d lib, im a beginner and i practice and do all the excercise with the book….but everything i do, it see too small and when i put a light source the sphere it doesnt see in 3D…??

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 31 October 2011 09:05 AM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 1 ]

Have a wander through some of the artcles on Away3D 3.x on:

http://www.AllForTheCode.co.uk

It will get you started.

Frank, Newbie
Posted: 31 October 2011 04:10 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 2 ]

THanks you and i apreciated, but when i enter on your page, code is diferent. I dont know if that you work with Flex or other program…i Have flash CS4 away3d 3.6…and if you can say me how to configure that for flash it would be great, because i want to learn about Awayd 3D.

In fact i have to create a maps of a little city and im thinking to use Prefab too, but i have no idea to use it, if you can help me and make contact with me it will be cool….thank you smile

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 31 October 2011 04:37 PM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 3 ]

Flex / FlashBuilder MXML projects use ActionScript aswell.

There are examples on that site which are pure ActionScript also. For the MXML ones you just need to delete the MXML code and place into whatever application your using whether it be Flash or FlashBuilder etc.

It’s a basic ActionScript process to setup addChild to a sprite rather than to a Flex / Flash Builder MXML component (uicomponent).

You must also be willing to try and adjust the code, best way to learn. Don’t expect everything to work straight away for your own environment.

Step by step, build a lot of test applications, working out each bit of functionality as you go.

Frank, Newbie
Posted: 31 October 2011 04:42 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 4 ]

Ok, thank you very much…if i have any proble i will ask you XD…thanks dude !

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 31 October 2011 04:44 PM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 5 ]

Here is a video of me using FlashBuilder (Flex) to create an ActionScript 3 project using Away3D 4 when Flash Player was still in Beta… Skip through it till I get to the coding bit and it will be the same as flash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYepfr-m5-c

Frank, Newbie
Posted: 31 October 2011 04:49 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 6 ]

Thanks you for your help my friend… smile

Frank, Newbie
Posted: 31 October 2011 04:52 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 7 ]

Im looking too for doing a very basic videogame in away3d about frist person shoot zombie, if you can say me if its very hard to do that it will be nice because i dont have idea…but my project is to create an 3d city like google Earth 3D….I dont know if it most easy using prefab too or just away3d??

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 31 October 2011 04:58 PM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 8 ]

Well it’s not rocket science… But it’s also not as simple as HTML…

1. You need to know the basics of ActionScript 3. (project creation)
2. You need to use a decent ActionScript 3 editor - 1 that has inteli sense for code/function hinting would help you a lot. (project creation - try Flash Develop - it’s free - but you will also need to learn how to set that up for Away3D 4 and Flash Player 11)
3. You will need to create your city either as a set of cubes or as a 3D model.
4. You need to know the basics of Away3D, load a 3D model and textures
5. You need to know the basics of Away3D - Camera3D class
6. You need to know the basics of ActionScript 3 - Keyboard / Mouse events (for city navigation)

That should be everything you need to work out for the loading of a basic 3D model (city) and then navigating your way around it.

D

Frank, Newbie
Posted: 31 October 2011 05:08 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 9 ]

Ok, so i have to know basic actionscrip 3…Done, i know a little

Have a ActionScript Editor…Flash develop?...and how this would be help me?....i dont know about that !

I making the city in a 3D software “Cinema 4D” and after that import to away3d with all textures….

I am looking and doing some Flash Magazine Practice but when i recompile it…all things it look very small and i have to put a view.camera.z to see it more bigger…

Im using Flash CS4, are this ok?...or you recomend me to use the lattes version?

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 31 October 2011 05:17 PM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 10 ]

I try to avoid Crash CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5 as much as possible and use it only as an asset library creating either SWCs or SWFs which I link to my projects.

FlashDevelop is an ActionScript programming tool, which is far far superior than anything Adobe have included in the Crash (Flash) IDE. You don’t need to know it inside and out just the basics will see you hit the floor running.

An SWC can be attached to a project created in Flash Develop or Flex or FlashBuilder etc etc which for example if I created a library item with a linkage called FLAmcButton. Then compile the SWC (Publish), go back into FlashDevelop and when you type “new FLA” it will probably suggest to you FLAmcButton (this is an awesome assist).. CS5.5 does this but still a shit editor.

Cinema 4D is fine, just make sure you get your models and textures into a format Away3D likes, you may not even need to go through Prefab. GITHUB Examples for currently have 2 examples of loading 3D models… Something you should take a look at.

As to Crash CS4, as I avoid it like the plague, I can only go by memory and what I read…. If memory serves me correctly, I think there was an issue with the Z relating to the use of Away3D and Flash CS4. I think it was a Flash Player standalone upgrade or something that had to be placed in its install folders or something that fixed that… Bit of google will probably dig up the threads about it in this forum or Away3Ds google groups.

D

Frank, Newbie
Posted: 31 October 2011 05:36 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 11 ]

Thank you very much… smile

One more question….if i have away3d 3.6…what version i have to load of Flash Develop¿¿??

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 31 October 2011 05:39 PM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 12 ]

Flash Develop can handle all of them same as flash.

Flash Player 9 - AS2 projects which would be Away3D 2.x
Flash Player 10 - AS3 projects which would be Away3D 3.x
Flash Player 11 - AS3 projects which would be Away3D 4.x

If you have a a very large complex model with lots of textures etc then you would need to go Away3D 4 for Flash Player 11.

Frank, Newbie
Posted: 31 October 2011 06:14 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 13 ]

Thanks….thank you for help me….I owe you one smile

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X