Subtract one from the other Mesh

Software: Away3D 4.x

Leushin-S.G., Newbie
Posted: 21 September 2016 02:29 AM   Total Posts: 8

Subtract one from the other mesh?
Or without 3d max can not do?

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 21 September 2016 10:01 AM   Total Posts: 133   [ # 1 ]

What’s the question? Subtract one from the other mesh doesn’t say a thing.. One Vertex? one Face? one submesh? which is the ‘other mesh’.. which is the mesh it is the other one from?

It would be helpful if you remember to state the full question. I’m guessing from the name that English might not be a native language but try to explain the issue as best as you can.

3D Max is a modelling program.. I can think of plenty of others which are.. in my view better. some aren’t as easy to use, some are limiting, but they are normally much cheaper for a start, and when you can get the hang of them, are pretty easy.. apart from the native format (which is a real pain.. why does anyone else .max anyway) I can’t see any reason for 3D max over any other program..

Leushin-S.G., Newbie
Posted: 21 September 2016 02:49 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 2 ]

Exempl code:
var p1:Mesh=new Mesh(new CubeGeometry(());
var p2:Mesh=new Mesh(new CylinderGeometry(());
Objective: To remove the volume occupied by p2 from n1 ,or anotherĀ  a circular opening in the cube to make.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 21 September 2016 07:02 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

While totally possible, there is no implementation of a Booleans/CSG class in Away3D.

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 21 September 2016 07:30 PM   Total Posts: 133   [ # 4 ]

would be a pain of creating new vertex points and faces.. a standard cube has only 2 faces per side.. depending on the cylinder, it would have to create a lot of new points and faces.. while I can see SOME reasons for doing this.. personally.. I would just have 3 models.. a cube, a cylinder and a merged one.. that is, if I was doing a game where for some reason, you needed to make a large hole in a cube.

Leushin-S.G., Newbie
Posted: 22 September 2016 03:11 AM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 5 ]

It is much easier to organize the export of 3DS model, made by a third-party editor.

Posted: 22 September 2016 09:33 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 6 ]

It’s not a question of easy or difficult.
Keep in mind that while most choose to export fully defined models from their editor because creating dynamic requires more work/effort and knowledge. There are plenty plus points associated with runtime generation. Such as file size/fast loading, adaptive resolution depending on device etc..
The booleans operation in particular do save a lot on geometry side.

Leushin-S.G., Newbie
Posted: 22 September 2016 03:36 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 7 ]

This wish developers Away 3d ,or there is a real possibility of Boolean operations in 3d primitives?

Posted: 22 September 2016 06:13 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 8 ]

There is no plans for the dev of such feature/tool.

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 24 September 2016 11:55 AM   Total Posts: 133   [ # 9 ]

not very great.. but what about masking?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X