Bug in model, shadows are rendering black.

Software: Away3D 4.x

JAC3085, Newbie
Posted: 28 April 2016 01:36 PM   Total Posts: 4

I’ve seen a few posts in this regard about light rendering black on models. I have an app that loads in Does anyone know what might cause a certain mesh of a model to render lights as black?

I’ve turned off all my point lights and left only the directional light and tried flipping normals with no luck. I’ve heard that it’s a graphics card bug but what’s even weirder is it only happens on one of my models in the scene. The others don’t have this issue.

This only happens on my macbook air (HD Graphics card) and iOS devices, on the desktop it renders fine.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 28 April 2016 01:48 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

and this model fits between far/near of the camera? I mean is the far value gigantic vs the scale of the model?
I recall seen similar problems on androids if the far setting was huge vs the object scale.

JAC3085, Newbie
Posted: 28 April 2016 01:50 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 2 ]

Yes, I’ve moved the model back and forth in the scene, and set the near/far of the camera.

JAC3085, Newbie
Posted: 28 April 2016 01:52 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 3 ]

Wait, I should have mentioned, this only happens on my macbook air (HD Graphics card) and iOS devices, on the desktop it renders fine.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 28 April 2016 07:36 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

No code construct example + ready to compile small air app that reproduces the problem, unable to test a provided ipa. The engine version. How it’s compiled? using which SDK version in 32/64 mode?
Looks like we can’t do much for you…

If you find out whats causing the problem, please post it here.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X