Can’t import my own AWDs…

Software: Away3D 4.x

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 24 March 2015 08:38 PM   Total Posts: 344

Sooo…

Carrying on experimenting, trying to convert my old projects etc, and I’m up against a bit of a stumbling block in that I can’t export any AWD that I export from prefab3D.

Obj’s straight out of blender are fine, as are objs exported from prefab, but for some reason AWDs never load.

The supplied suzanne from the examples works fine in what I’m doing, and I assume that the rest of the awds form the examples do too.

Can’t figure it out, I’ve tried various combinations of exporting the whole scene, exporting just the selected, no materials etc but still nothing..

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 24 March 2015 09:28 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

A prob in writer and parser was introduced with an update of awd2.1
where compression flag was faulty set by AB and catched by parser. The error is a flag set for zip while intended as LZMA.

In practice, awds with this flag exported from AB do not load back into the public prefab, and load in 4.1, but would fail in older version of the engine. Vice versa is true too, Prefab awd’s with compression LZMA would give error in both AB and Away3D >=4.1.

For next update of AWD 3.0, this should be adressed, as more apps are exporting to awd and have same issue when this flag is set.

In meanwhile try open in both prefab/AB, and export as non compressed to reopen in the one you want to use it for.

or patch the parser by simply changing this:
in the switch (_compression) statement.
replace _body.inflate();

by

try {
_body.inflate();
} catch(e:Error){
_body.uncompress();
}

it should then load good and wrong awd’s

Please contact me fabrice3d at gmail dot com
if this doesn’t help

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 25 March 2015 12:34 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 2 ]

Well I’ve not got the compressed option selected, and the AWD I’ve exported works fine in the as3 version of away3D, so it must be something to do with the TS version of Away I think..

I opened the demo awd of suzanne in prefab and re-exported, and then the model would never load in the demo, so it’s not something wrong with the model itself…

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 25 March 2015 12:53 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

If you do not use compression, its indeed not awd related, it’s likely a bug into the parsing/finalisation callbacks.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X