3DS Max Workflow tutorial issue with version 4.1.4

Software: Away3D 4.x

room101, Newbie
Posted: 04 October 2013 03:14 AM   Total Posts: 14

Hi, newbie here, I was looking at this tutorial http://away3d.com/tutorials/3DS_Max_Workflow
and it appears that some of the features from 4.0 are different in 4.1.X, namely SkeletonAnimationState and CrossfadeStateTransition

I found on this forum a reference to replace SkeletonAnimationState with SkeletonClipNode but I still get some errors at these lines

animationSet.addState(breatheState.namebreatheState);
animator.updateRootPosition false;
if (
animationSet.hasState("Breathe") && animationSet.hasState("Walk") && animationSet.hasState("Run")) 

1061Call to a possibly undefined method addState through a reference with static type away3d.animators:SkeletonAnimationSet.
1061Call to a possibly undefined method hasState through a reference with static type away3d.animators:SkeletonAnimationSet.
1119Access of possibly undefined property updateRootPosition through a reference with static type away3d.animators:SkeletonAnimator

Also I don’t know what to do about CrossfadeStateTransition

Please let me know
Thanks!

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 04 October 2013 05:41 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

I’ve no idea about that particular issue, but I would strongly recommend that you check out Sea3D. It gives a really excellent workflow between MAX and Away, including skeleton animation, multi-textures and tons more!
https://code.google.com/p/sea3d/

Good Luck!

room101, Newbie
Posted: 04 October 2013 11:51 AM   Total Posts: 14   [ # 2 ]
theMightyAtom - 04 October 2013 05:41 AM

I’ve no idea about that particular issue, but I would strongly recommend that you check out Sea3D. It gives a really excellent workflow between MAX and Away, including skeleton animation, multi-textures and tons more!
https://code.google.com/p/sea3d/

Good Luck!

thanks for the suggestion, the Sea3D framework seems to be working okay, but I have one question about the animation sequences, as I can’t seem to figure out how is it partitioning the animations, in AWD this was handled by sequence.txt. Do you happen to have any insight in how is this done in Sea3D export process in 3DS Max? I mean, I can see that it’s using Difference as detection method, but I don’t know how is it naming them to be referenced later in AS3 code. I apologize if this is something simple that I missed. Thanks!

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 08 October 2013 09:17 AM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 3 ]

hello
use sea3d animation tool in 3dsmax
name animation has you want

in away3d you can get animation name like that

player = sea3d.getMesh(“Selena”);
animator = player.animator as SkeletonAnimator;
animator.play(“idle”);

// List Sequences
var sklAnimationSet:SkeletonAnimationSet = animator.animationSet as SkeletonAnimationSet;
for(var i:int=0;i<sklAnimationSet.animationNames.length;i++)
  trace(sklAnimationSet.animationNames);

room101, Newbie
Posted: 16 October 2013 11:06 AM   Total Posts: 14   [ # 4 ]

thanks for the suggestion, everything seems to be working okay now
Thanks!

‹‹ Spherical Panorama

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me