Blender->AWD2 ?

Software: Away3D 4.x

B. Jalowitz, Newbie
Posted: 07 October 2011 06:22 PM   Total Posts: 11

Does anyone have working examples of this that include armature animation from Blender?  I searched the forum and didn’t find a solution yet.

If not please let me know if there is anything I could do manually ie. copy paste vertices and triangles and weight data into a text version of a .awd2 file and thin bin it up or embed it in the swf.

If not then please let me know if I can help in some way.

If not then more power to the development…this is a much needed item without Collada support in 4 and undoubtedly a spectacular item whenever it arrives for use.

I would rather not go deep into MD5 or FBX if I don’t have to because both are a tad on the plump side for the web (my MD5 tests are almost 2wice the size of Collada which was not what I expected as verbose as Collada can be).

All that said I am currently looking into what I can optimize in the MD5 format to get only what I need for AW3d4 efficiency.

Thanks,

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 08 October 2011 02:10 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

The AWD2 exporter for blender is in an extremely early stage, and does not support animation yet. This is not a decision that AWD2 in Blender will not support animation. The blender exporter is just work in progress and the only reason people even know about it is we’re an open source project and it’s right there in an unrestricted repository. smile

I wouldn’t really recommend using it at this point (although meshes and scene graphs seem to be working fine already).

B. Jalowitz, Newbie
Posted: 08 October 2011 04:52 PM   Total Posts: 11   [ # 2 ]

Thanks for the tactical direction.  I will continue down the MD5 path for blender armature animations for now. The extra weight is a smaller price to pay once embedded or compressed and I haven’t scratched the surface in optimization in away3d 4 yet.

Thanks many times again for your contributions to an open source interactive, cinematic, 3d workflow.

—Bryan

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X