Exporting head.obj object from Maya 8.5

Software: Away3D 4.x

FlashDev2007, Newbie
Posted: 06 October 2011 04:25 PM   Total Posts: 4

Hi,

I’ve not used PV3D or Away3D for a couple of years but since FOTB I got really excited by what is going on now.

I had no problem getting the ant and head demos working from git, so I thought I’d have a go at exporting from maya.

I imported the head.obj and tried to immediately export it in the same format. At first it created an additional head.mtl file, but unchecking all the options except normals got rid of that. Now when I open the original head and mine, I notice mine is twice as big, also the values seem to have 2 extra decimal places.

original first vertex:

v 1.5103 2.6055 0.3272

exported from maya:

v 1.510300 2.605500 0.327200

The error im getting is

RangeError: Error #3669: Bad input size.
at flash.display3D::VertexBuffer3D/uploadFromVector()

How can I get maya to export the head so that its the same as the original, if I can sort that out then I can start playing around with my own models.

Great work guys,

Thanks

FlashDev2007, Newbie
Posted: 07 October 2011 08:28 AM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 1 ]

Well I’ve tried everything I can think of, I’m sure there must be a way to export from Maya 8.5 so I can use the .obj format.

Hopefully when you guys have more time to go through the forum you can give me some pointers.

Spencer1up, Newbie
Posted: 24 October 2011 05:05 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 2 ]

Yes I have been having the exact same problem. I guess I’ll have to try blender.

RandomStudio, Newbie
Posted: 10 November 2011 07:03 PM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 3 ]

I had the same problem with exporting from Blender, but making sure that the normals are exported as well solved the problem.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X