Skeleton overview / design philosophy?

Software: Away3D 4.x

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 20 September 2011 07:40 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 16 ]

@Choons:
I totally get your point. I’m just saying that if you don’t understand it straight away, it’s not a sign of poor architecture, because it was not designed to be understood. smile Also, please note that I said “AWD2Parser”, not “MD2Parser”. MD2 does not support skeletal animation.

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 September 2011 08:19 AM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 17 ]

oh no - please never get the idea I think the architecture is poor in any way. I’m flat out amazed by Away3D. It’s freakin magic really. It’s just that the architecture is DEEP and the lack of a road map for it can be pretty difficult when trying to absorb it all.

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 23 September 2011 01:18 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 18 ]

does anyone made any progress on this topic ?

i keep trying but it wont work. arghsgfasjfasdbse :(

still fighting with the same error i reported (over a month ago) in this thread:

http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/455/

i am able to call the needed methods after adding this to my code:

import away3d.arcane;
use namespace 
arcane

no error when creating SkinnedSubGeometrys, Skeleton and SkeletonAnimation, but when i try to define animationstate like this

main_mesh.animationState = new SkeletonAnimationState(mySkeletonanimation); 

or like this:

geometry.animation mySkeletonanimation

i end up with this error:
Error #3607: Stream 2 is set but not used by the current vertex program.

the number of the invalid stream depends on how many lights i assigned to the meshs material.

thanx for ANY help.

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

knov, Newbie
Posted: 03 November 2011 07:10 PM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 19 ]

Has anyone made any headway on this? I’m seriously looking for a way to manipulate individual bones or joints to reposition the skeleton (i.e. dynamically generate a new pose).

Huck, Jr. Member
Posted: 14 January 2012 11:50 PM   Total Posts: 45   [ # 20 ]

see this thread for more info and example code on user transformations in custom meshes

forum/viewthread/1732/

carl.looper, Newbie
Posted: 26 May 2012 03:51 AM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 21 ]
Richard Olsson - 20 September 2011 07:08 AM

Hey guys,

First of all, you have to realize that this is a system that has been built for flexibility and for performance. It may not be incredibly simple to understand it’s architecture, but that’s because you don’t have to. It’s the parsers’ responsibility to create the joints, weights et c, and it’s the animators’ responsibility to animate them. If there is a real need to be an easier way to create “procedural” skeletons, and to “procedurally” link them to a mesh, then we will probably create wrappers for it. If you feel that there is such a need, please file a feature request along with how you would want it to work.

If there are complications I think they simply arise through the absence of adequate documentation/example code. One is forced to do trial and error experiments in order to determine how the system works. The fact that users are even doing such experiments tmeans they are not averse to complicated systems.

If the current system is written for optimised performance then it’s not wrappers that are required but simply some example code on how to use the existing system.

The two use cases, which are not in any way exceptional, are:

1. Writing one’s own parser for canned animations created in 3D design packages for which there is no existing alternative

2. Writing up one’s own wrappers for specific interactive/proceedural animations.

ADDENDUM:

I managed to get the great example posted at the following thread: forum/viewthread/1732/ to work. See my notes there.

Carl

ps. the Away3D forum seems an awfully quiet place at this moment in time.

moketao, Newbie
Posted: 03 July 2012 04:15 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 22 ]

When some SkeletonAnimationState is playing by the SkeletonAnimator, you can rotate a bone by SkeletonPose and jointPoses, see the image below:

var state:SkeletonAnimationState animator.animationSet.getState("idle") as SkeletonAnimationState;
   var 
node:SkeletonClipNode = (state.rootNode as SkeletonClipNode);
   for (var 
i:int 0node.frames.lengthi++) 

{     var pose:Skelet

var j:JointPose pose.jointPoses[12] as JointPose;
    var 
q:Quaternion;

= new Quaternion(angle,0,0);

j.orientation.multiply(j.orientationq);

The forum Reply editor miss a line, just look at the image I upload.

moketao, Newbie
Posted: 12 August 2013 09:48 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 23 ]

Update for Away3D 4.1.4 , see the file i upload.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X