Spritesession render

Software: Away3D 3.x

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 December 2015 12:38 PM   Total Posts: 133

not sure what i’m doing wrong but I’m having a problem with Spritesessions for DepthSorting. when I put too much into the one session, it seams to freeze up.

At first is’ fine, depth is perfect and everything. BUT when I start to move, the layer freezes with whatever is currently rendered in that layer. So there seams to be some form of limit on the SpriteSessions. I try to force it to update but Spritesession doesn’t have an update function like that.. just a clear..

it does seam when I move, another object enters the screen so it does have more in that session but I didn’t think it had such a limit.

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 December 2015 07:22 PM   Total Posts: 133   [ # 1 ]

tried a number of things to see ways around it.. I don’t think it does have anything to do with number of objects it needs to render but I have no clue what it does relate to.. just seams after a tiny bit of scrolling, bang, it goes..

wondering (and prpbably gonna try and fail) to put them into a container of a different type more then sprite session.. though bitmapsession does about the same but looks much worse..

EDIT:
after running for a while after freezing.. I get an error at last..

ErrorError #1000: The system is out of memory.

at away3d.core.render::Renderer/createDrawTriangle()[C:\[Data]\away3d\core\render\Renderer.as:349] 

So.. for some reason.. it’s a memory problem.. odd.. I wouldn’t say anything is using up a great deal of memory in the swf.. and it’s not computer ram problem..

after the error, a bunch of index out of range errors on drawing.. also interesting. maybe if there was a poly wrong or something, so it was getting in a loop when it came to writing to memory, thus crashing it.. possible.. long shot I think but still.

Tempy111, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 December 2015 10:13 PM   Total Posts: 133   [ # 2 ]

kinda figured it out.. it crashs when I removechild to remove a model from the scene. so.. how I remove a model from the scene needs to be done in a different way then ‘removechild’.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X