Loading Custom models not working

Software: Away3D 4.x

Leroy Isbell, Newbie
Posted: 06 August 2015 05:26 PM   Total Posts: 4

Hello All,
I would like to say I am new to both AS3 and Away3d. 
The current problem I have is related to loading a awd, 3ds or obj into the away3d 4.0.  I had bought two books in the passed that used away3d 3.6 and loading models works great in that format.

My current problem is the example that loads the little 3ds ant example.
I have tried to upload my own 3ds model and I get a load error. Then I tried to add something to the example ant 3ds file and get an error loading.

I also tried to import and obj with no error but it does not show up in the stage.  Then trying everything including loading into prefab and exporting a as3 class object and it’s works fine. 

Is there any other examples of loading obj or awd I can use to get me up and running out there.

Thanks in advance.
Leroy

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 06 August 2015 06:04 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

There are loads of loading examples on github or in the tutorial section of this site. all the example do load a specific file format. Replacing the parser type in an example by the one you need would work for the supported formats.

If you publish online, you should not use obj or 3ds. use as3 or awd instead.
There are designed for the web/mobile and away specifically. Obj, 3ds, collada etc are not. They are exchange formats.

Leroy Isbell, Newbie
Posted: 06 August 2015 07:43 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 2 ]

Thank you for the quick reply,

Could you please give me the link to the tutorials on github that you know work for the awd format.  I had very little luck getting models to show up.

Thanks again,
Leroy

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 06 August 2015 08:31 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

—> google: away3d tutorials loading models
bam: a shit load of links to visit! smile

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me