all installing tutorials are outdated.

Software: Away3D 4.x

The Riser, Newbie
Posted: 22 July 2015 01:39 PM   Total Posts: 3

so…i have been using flash 8 for a couple of years now and i thought to jump to 3D,the thing is that i don’t know anything about installing it,i found a few tuts about installing it to adobe flash or flash builder,but their kind of outdated,and i was wondering if i can install it as a standalone program,i downloaded the “away3d-core-fp11-4.1.6.zip"and the “away3d-core-fp11-master.zip”,but now i have no idea what to do now,how do i unpack them?,or is there an installation program?
thanks in advance.

rdoi, Member
Posted: 22 July 2015 11:07 PM   Total Posts: 86   [ # 1 ]

Well, flash 8 is a lot outdated and I believe it is still based in as2.

Away3d is an AS3 library, it is not something you “install” or plug in the flash IDE. You just link it in your project as a SWC or compile its source code altogether with your code.

All tutorial and examples expects that you know how to compile a as3 project from a source code.
Maybe your first steps should be learning the development workflow in AS3, migrating to FlashDevelop or at least to a newer version of FlashIDE.

The Riser, Newbie
Posted: 23 July 2015 07:47 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

alright thanks,that was really helpful,but one last thing,is it possible to link it to Flash CC?i will start learning AS3 but i noticed that all the recent tutorials are about linking Flash CS6,i’m just wondering if it’s possible.

JaykopX, Newbie
Posted: 24 July 2015 05:41 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 3 ]

Yes it is possible to use it with Flash CC, but i really recommend using FlashDevelop for coding in AS3. Flash CC is good for creating visual Content without much “raw” coding in AS3, but using Away3D requires an amount of coding which to write, organize and debug is not anymore comfortable in Flash CC. If you want to use Away3D i strongly recommend to get going with FlashDevelop as i have made the best experience with it(I tested FlashDevelop , Flash Builder, Flex Builder and Flash CC). If you really want to stick with Adobe then use Flash Builder or Flex Builder.

The Riser, Newbie
Posted: 25 July 2015 11:26 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]

all right,I’ve done some research,and FlashDevelop it is!thank you guys for your kindness!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X