Weird animation rendering after 3dsmax export

Software: Away3D 4.x

fendz, Newbie
Posted: 26 January 2015 12:17 PM   Total Posts: 5

hello,

i m currently rendering through 3dsmax 2013 an animated character with multiple animation state from .bip files .

i m unfortunately encountering several errors :

firstly, when i export to awd and read it from prefab, the character seems okay until i read animation , the character is stretching weirdly , just like if the biped were dislocated as described in picture

Secondly, and this is not a related away3d question but 3ds max one, when i load a bip file into motion mixer, the characted is moving from 0,0,0 to ( i guess ) the initial position set in the bip file. how can it fix it to always be at 0,0,0 ?

my characted has a skin modifier and bones structure are 3ds max biped.

thanks you so much

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 26 January 2015 06:31 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

The pict isn’t Prefab but awaybuilder… For AB, I dunno, but If the animation looks funcky weird in prefab, it’s an old bug. go to Prefs, set recenter at load to false. reload and play your anim. This means you also need to avoid using recenter from interface too for any skeleton animations.

fendz, Newbie
Posted: 26 January 2015 10:12 PM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 2 ]

i can t see my mesh in prefab, when i m openning a awd file in it, it asks me to rescale the mesh but the popup to rescale doesn nt disappear ....

i don t know what to do

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 27 January 2015 05:14 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 3 ]

There’s a bug in the Away3D parser that means vertices with a weight of zero get attached to 0,0,0 instead of being ignored. You can remove zero weights in MAX. It was a long time ago, but I did make a tutorial, that appears to still be relevant. Look for “Remove Zero Limit”.

http://videometry.blogspot.dk/search/label/3D Studio MAX

Good Luck!

fendz, Newbie
Posted: 27 January 2015 08:51 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 4 ]

thank you , i ll try this !

fendz, Newbie
Posted: 27 January 2015 09:38 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 5 ]

okay i tried without success, so i guessed it s my mesh rigging which is reponsible for this .... it was initially rigged with physique and i convert it to a skin modifier .

i tried with another mesh originally rigged with a skin modifier and biped and everything works fine , i m able to switch different animation without trouble .

thanks to all of you for your help !

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X