Help! AWD model source file recreation (John Brookes)

Software: Away3D 4.x

tl0996, Newbie
Posted: 25 October 2014 04:18 PM   Total Posts: 1

Hello, All

A friend of mine, John Brookes, used to post here quite often. He and I worked on quite a few projects over the last 5 and a half years. It sucks typing this, but he passed away suddenly from cancer earlier this month.

I have a very simple model of a polaroid that he created in what I assume to be maya, but I only have the AWD file… I do not have the source file. I desperately need some help recreating the source file. You will see that it has text modeled onto it, and that is what I need to change. I will gladly pay for this help because I know nothing of modeling…

I know he spent a lot of time on here helping others as he was one of the most generous people I have ever met when it came to time. I am sorry to break the bad news to those who knew him. Thanks for reading my post.

Tony

edit: Fabrice helped me. Anyhow, if anyone else knew John here and would like to post something, then I can make sure it gets to his family.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 25 October 2014 06:27 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

I’ve been posting on his Skype which is still on iddle for weeks… We had a chat just 10 minutes before he left to the hospital… Tried text him as well. Please contact me offline fabrice3d at gmail.com. I will help you on your model issue as well.

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 October 2014 10:43 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 2 ]

That’s very sad news.
Rest in Peace John. Though I only knew you here, I know you were a smart cookie, who always had time to help other people.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X