How would you??

Software: Away3D 4.x

drbii, Member
Posted: 28 June 2014 10:28 PM   Total Posts: 72

Hi guys.  I’ve been making great strides in learning away3d with all of your help and hope you can give me some insight into how I would accomplish this.

Let’s say I have a donut shaped object and need to animate in away that each quadrant (more divisions in reality - but for this example we will keep it to four divisions/quadrants) of it could bulge out.  The bulges need to be able to operate separately.  Sometimes two quadrants bulge at once (i.e.quad1 and 3 would be bulged out 100%, while quad 2 at 50% and quad4 at 0).  These happen all independently.

I have tried with vertex animation but I cannot have two quads move at once.  Since all quads have a rest position, bulging a quadrant returns the others to the rest (0%) position.

Can skeleton animation solve this?  I’ve tried some skeleton animation but failed with implementing it so I really want to know it can accomplish what I am wanting to do be going down that road again. Any other ideas?

I can’t just divide the object and have four objects (one for each quad) because there has to be a blending of the skin of the donut from one bulge to another.  I can’t have a quad bulged at 100% and a jump to 0% at the quadrant division.  Make sense?

Any ideas or directions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your help!

drbii, Member
Posted: 01 July 2014 01:55 AM   Total Posts: 72   [ # 1 ]

So if I had a donut with bones radiating out from the center for every quad, how would I scale a bone in quad one?  Couldn’t I scale two bones at once essentially deforming two quads at once?

Need an updated CookBOOK!!!!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X