Timing issues with render?

Software: Away3D 4.x

BobWarfield, Newbie
Posted: 02 June 2014 04:11 AM   Total Posts: 19

Working with Away3D 4.1.6, I am seeing some weird issues with render that seem to be timing related.  I am building the scene, which consists entirely of SegmentSets, and then calling render on the next frame.  This is what I get:

http://www.cnccookbook.com/img/GWizardE/rendertiming1.jpg

This is what it is supposed to look like:

http://www.cnccookbook.com/img/GWizardE/rendertiming2.jpg

I got that second one by calling render a second time on the next consecutive frame.  This strategy works most of the time, but not always.  I can also sometimes get an improvement via callLater, which seems to me does about the same thing.

I am making no other Away3D calls differently.  In addition, I am using two layers of Away3D views and a staged3DProxy.  The one on the bottom holds the grid, the one on the top is the one that’s being messed with by these apparent timing issues.

Any ideas of what to try or test for?

BTW, the image shows the toolpath of a CNC machine that’s going to cut a bas relief of a chess knight, just in case you were curious.  There’s about 10,000 segments in I think 4 SegmentSets.

Best,

BW

BobWarfield, Newbie
Posted: 03 June 2014 08:09 PM   Total Posts: 19   [ # 1 ]

Bump.  Any thoughts on this?  Sure hoping to close it out so I can move on working on the app.  I can’t make the latest release with multiple layers until I can resolve it.

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 04 June 2014 11:53 AM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 2 ]

No idea myself, but as always..
Do the most basic demo that shows the issue and post the code so it can be tested.

Still on the 4.2 refactor so ‘may’ be fixed in that when released.

BobWarfield, Newbie
Posted: 10 June 2014 08:41 PM   Total Posts: 19   [ # 3 ]

Some additional information on this one.  I have not been able to boil it down to a minimal code model yet.  However, I have discovered that Away3D 4.16 revision 4 does not have the problem while Away3D 4.16 revision 6 does.  I say “4.1.6 revision 4”, and that sounds strange, but it was a version I got hold of before the revision # was bumped.  No way for me to pin it down better than that.

I the 4.2 Refactor, but it wouldn’t compile for me.

This is at least narrowing things down if anyone wants to look at what changed.

Cheers,

BW

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X