Abysmal performance on Tegra 3/How do you reduce resolution?

Software: Away3D 4.x

cyrix, Newbie
Posted: 20 May 2014 10:23 PM   Total Posts: 9

First, has anyone ever tried running Away3D in a mobile app on a Tegra3 device? We are trying to use Away3D 4 for our game but have found the engine is completely useless on a Transformer Infinity (Tegra 3). The framerate seems to be affected solely by the amount of screen space that is taken up by polygons, rather than the number of polygons or any other factors. In a nearly bare scene with only a skybox and a few low-poly models, the framerate will plummet as one model gets closer to the screen, dropping all the way to 1fps if the object fills the entire screen. This isn’t affected by the model’s polygon count, texture resolution, texture settings, skybox resolution, stage quality, or any other area where performance is traditionally adjusted. Is this just a compatibility flaw between A3D and the Tegra?

Secondly, how the hell do you make an Away3D app run in lower-than-full resolution while still filling the device’s screen? I see that you can adjust the width and height of the View3D to change the rendering resolution but this reduces the size of the view, and the “scale” properties of the view don’t work. It seems that this feature existed via “BitmapSession” in older versions of Away3D but has been removed for some reason in Away3D 4.x. I’ve been trying to research the correct way to do it now but the documentation is so poor I haven’t had any luck.

Thanks for any help. I’m going crazy trying to figure this out.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X