[Closed]Loading Away3D 4 swf as external swf into AIR 3.4 application

Software: Away3D 4.x

LeoBergmann, Newbie
Posted: 27 June 2013 03:36 PM   Total Posts: 6

Hello everyone,

I’ve got a question that really bugs me. I recently started working with Away 3D for a project of mine. In that project I’ve got something like a “Database Projector”, a host application which loads different .swf files to display them, the swf files can pack touch applications, video files, etc.
Now I need Away3D for some of the client applications to display some models. The loading process is constructed with a Loader which dumps the loaded content into a movie clip.

I created a client swf in FlashBuilder and when I run it in a browser it all works fine. Now I took the generated .swf file and tried to load it with the host application (Air 3.4, set to direct acceleration) but it gives me this TypeError on loading:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Basic_SkyBox@516aee9 to flash.display.MovieClip.

Is it impossible to load a Away3D powered swf into another swf file because of Stage3D? I tried to google and read into the display and stage handling but that is really to much for my mind to cope with.

Thank you

LeoBergmann, Newbie
Posted: 28 June 2013 09:28 AM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 1 ]

Alright not a problem caused by Away3D but the export from FlashBuilder. Case closed.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X