Flash Player 11 and Flash CS 5.5

Software: Away3D 4.x

mndexp, Newbie
Posted: 09 August 2011 03:05 PM   Total Posts: 10

Hi,

I’m a programmer at Electronic Arts, we are currently testing flash molehill for different prototypes, everything was working fine until adobe changed the player and now I’m having trouble setting up flash cs 5.5 and player 11…

I have minimized my code to 1 line just to test it :

_view = new away3d.containers.View3D()

and I get this error :

VerifyError: Error #1014: flash.display3D.textures::Texture cannot be found. 

Here are the exact step I followed to install the player in flash cs 5.5 :

- Fresh flash install

- Downloaded flash player and playerglobal.swc (http://www.flashmagazine.com/News/detail/flash_player_11_and_air_3_betas_out_on_labs/)

- Copy playerglobal.swc > C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Flash CS5.5CommonConfigurationActionScript 3.0FP11

- Downloaded away3d (https://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11)

- Added FlashPlayer11.xml in C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Flash CS5.5CommonConfigurationPlayers

- Modified those 3 lines :

player id=“FlashPlayer11” version=“13” asversion=“3”>
name>Flash Player 11</name>

playerDefinitionPath as2=”$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP10;$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP9;$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP8;$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP7” as3=”$(AppConfig)/ActionScript 3.0/FP11/playerglobal.swc” >

- Export in flash with Player 11 selected

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong ?

mndexp, Newbie
Posted: 09 August 2011 03:07 PM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 1 ]

Anyone ?

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 09 August 2011 04:09 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 2 ]

Are you able to compile properly? Then it’s likely not something related to the playerglobal.swc or the settings. As long as you are using Flash Player 11, and the SWF version was really set to 13, you should be able to view this SWF. Can you try sending the SWF to me and I can try running it in my known-to-work set-up (which will clarify whether it’s a compile issue or a runtime issue.)

And just to be sure, you are using the Flash Player 11 player to run this, right? In what browser? Are you able to run other Flash Player 11 content in the same player/plug-in?

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 09 August 2011 04:13 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 3 ]

Just a guess as I dont use cs5.
Make sure your previewing in the browser, not flash player.

mndexp, Newbie
Posted: 09 August 2011 04:15 PM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 4 ]

I have installed the player for IE
I have modified the XML for version 13 (see my previous post)

I tried exporting CTRL-ENTER, CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER, F12
same error all the time…

where can i send you the swf ?

im getting frustrated… before the player update I worked on a whole prototype with away3d and everything worked out fine…

the only difference was that i patched the cs5.5 debugger… wich doesnt work anymore…

mndexp, Newbie
Posted: 09 August 2011 04:18 PM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 5 ]
JohnBrookes - 09 August 2011 04:13 PM

Just a guess as I dont use cs5.
Make sure your previewing in the browser, not flash player.

If I publish in a browser, i dont get any error.. but i dont get any trace too…

mndexp, Newbie
Posted: 09 August 2011 05:02 PM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 6 ]

Ok I am now able to publish in HTML… but how do i debug… I cant have any TRACE or breakpoints…

Im using a texfield on stage with an event system for tracing.. but thats not to cool to use…

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 09 August 2011 07:34 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 7 ]

I too use a textField for trace statements.

You can also use the debugger. Just enable debugging in your swf publish settings and then publish to HTML, go back to flash and select “Begin remote debugging session” and then refresh your browser window. Now you have a link between the debug player in your browser and the Flash IDE debugger.

You can also use breakpoints. One word of warning though, make sure you’ve saved your fla, as I have frequently had Flash IDE crash after using this technique, or suddenly become unable to compile. A restart of Flash and everything’s fine again.

Good luck!

Alexander Seifert, Moderator
Posted: 10 August 2011 07:03 AM   Total Posts: 129   [ # 8 ]

Regarding debug traces, you could always use SOSmax (Socket Output Server). Easy to setup, differente message levels with color high-lighting, independent from your OS, works like a charm =)

Signature 
signature_image

http://www.deltastrike.org

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X