Difference BlendMode

Software: Away3D 4.x

beers, Member
Posted: 01 May 2013 01:13 AM   Total Posts: 53

Has anyone created a ‘difference’ material blendmode for away3d 4.1? I know there is an add,multiply, etc. but i need a ‘difference’ blendmode. I think the old away3d 3.x had it so im not sure why it wasnt included in 4.x

I’ve created a dotted-line selection marquee, and it needs to have that difference shader so it inverts whatever color is behind it onscreen. Basically like all selection marquees do.

Any help is appreciated,

beers

beers, Member
Posted: 02 May 2013 07:24 PM   Total Posts: 53   [ # 1 ]

Just an update - I tried to modify away3d to include a ‘difference’ blendmode but couldnt figure out where to inject the AGAL code to do it. I have the agal code, there just doesnt seem to be an exposed method in away3d to use it properly.

So then i tried creating the marquee selection as a sprite graphics object added to the view3D on top of the stage3D, and that worked, and does in fact have a ‘difference’ blendmode option - except according to adobe.com the difference blendmode doesnt work on top of a stage3D (and they’re right - it doesnt work)

So I guess im out of luck :(

I will say this - having had the time to play around with away3d - I really am amazed at what it *can* do. I’m having a lot of fun using it and can’t wait to check out the new away3DBuilder!

beers

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X