Creatig mobile game for iOS and Android using same actionscript

Software: Away3D 4.x

starforce, Newbie
Posted: 17 April 2013 08:37 PM   Total Posts: 4

I am new to away3d 4.0 but I am confused and seek help.

I am using Flash Builder 4.6 and downloaded the sample Action Script tutorials that guide you through basic animation movements. I created this application as an ActionScript Project.  When I run this application it runs as a web application on my desktop. Is there a way to now take this project/code and create a iOS and Android mobile game? What I want to do is create a game that can run on the desktop, iOS and Android that uses the same actionscript file. Should I just now create a Mobile ActionScript project?

ASWC, Member
Posted: 18 April 2013 11:27 AM   Total Posts: 76   [ # 1 ]

Of course you create a mobile project for those platforms and you keep your web/air project separate. You can share your code between the two but you can’t expect both to run with exactly the same code. There will be differences. Some of your code will need to handle those differences and some of your code will stay the same.

starforce, Newbie
Posted: 19 April 2013 07:21 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 2 ]

I looked at all the away3d sample code on Github and there doesn’t seem to be any examples on how to create iOS or android games. All examples are for flash player.  Does anyone know where I can find tutorials for mobile development using away3d? I thought the main advantage of using Adobe air was cross platform development.

starforce, Newbie
Posted: 20 April 2013 01:26 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 3 ]

I finally found the article about creating adobe mobile games.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/games/articles/multiplatform-game-development.html

Hope this helps someone in the future. !!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X