RaycastPicker and PickingCollisionVO incorrect values

Software: Away3D 4.x

geekay, Jr. Member
Posted: 08 March 2013 05:49 AM   Total Posts: 40

Whereas the VO is returning when expected (when a mesh is moused over), the UV data and LocalPosition are returning incorrect values.

The UV seems to only display numbers relating to the meshes vertices (I think that is what they are called… the lines which connect the vertex’s together)

The LocalPosition seems to be returning a value which is incorrect on the Y, also if the mesh is scaled in any way that scale is not taken into account.

Frankly, I am beside myself, and if either of these things worked I could use them to finish a little fps game I am working on… if anyone has a moment and wants to screenshare with me, so I can show you what I am working with and how it is incorrect, and hopefully how to fix for this.

After I am done with my little project, I hope to help out around here with tutorials and other resources, because as things are, away3d is really hard to work with and to find even the slightest bits of information about the workings of this engine (and how to accomplish even the smallest or most common of tasks). So, I beg for some help… I promise to return the favor ten fold.

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 08 March 2013 11:19 AM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 1 ]

If your using Dev branch 4.1 it could be

http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/3528/

geekay, Jr. Member
Posted: 08 March 2013 07:42 PM   Total Posts: 40   [ # 2 ]

4.1, That is correct.

You sir are a saint!  I will try this right away… I think you really saved my bacon on that one!

geekay, Jr. Member
Posted: 09 March 2013 12:22 AM   Total Posts: 40   [ # 3 ]

I have tried this out, unfortunately I have the same issue as before.

Hey, if you got a couple of minutes let me know, I would love to show you what I am working on—- maybe that might shed some light on this.

Thanks

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X