exporting model from 3ds max to awd2 format

Software: Away3D 4.x

muroko, Newbie
Posted: 07 March 2013 09:25 PM   Total Posts: 9

Hi. Im using 3DS Max 2012 x64 and Adobe Flash CS6, i export my model from 3ds max to awd, but when i test my scene in flash, it tells me: cant find model.awd

So how do i export models from 3ds max to awd2 correctly? Would be nice to have the textures inside too.

geekay, Jr. Member
Posted: 07 March 2013 09:38 PM   Total Posts: 40   [ # 1 ]

What happens when you open the AWD2 with Prefab3D (http://www.closier.nl/prefab/) ?

What are the errors which are shown?

If there are no errors, then I would think the issue lies in the method you are using to load and parse your AWD file. But first things first… try the prefab and let me know what it says.

muroko, Newbie
Posted: 07 March 2013 09:46 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 2 ]

Ok now what im trying to to is that i imported my model into Prefab3D, i applied textures to all meshes, when i try to export my model to AWD2, it hangs saying : busy writing your file(s) ... 1%

geekay, Jr. Member
Posted: 07 March 2013 11:34 PM   Total Posts: 40   [ # 3 ]

So it loaded the mesh correctly? With no errors? (in prefab)

muroko, Newbie
Posted: 08 March 2013 05:04 AM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 4 ]

Yes, in Prefab3D i can load the model, apply textures to the meshes (cause there is more mesh in the model), it looks all good, till i try to export it to awd2 format, cause when i do that, it hangs with the message i wrote above.

geekay, Jr. Member
Posted: 08 March 2013 06:04 AM   Total Posts: 40   [ # 5 ]

I would not worry about that… (no reason chasing more errors… let’s try to get that first one solved for).

So, the mesh correctly loads in Prefab3D…

What code are you using to load the model and the textures, and how are you applying them to the mesh?

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 08 March 2013 10:02 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 6 ]

There are three known causes when Prefab fails at writing files:
One is write privileges, if destination is under someone’s else control like svn or is defined as private. Window7 is often having privileges set by default causing this problems. Reading at your msg, it’s probably not the case here.

The second is the runtime itself, usually caused by internal player timeout. In case of models with big maps or massive scenaries, animations with lots of data, exporting may require more exec time than allowed by the runtime. You would probably get/see the beachball/activity icon of your OS. The fix is to edit your mm.cfg file or make a new one and set/add the following line: ScriptStuckTimeout = 50000 (or any ms value that you want). In meanhwile, I do try to improve the code where these bottlenecks are likely to occur.

And finally an Internal error. Tho each update makes the app more robust, it is unfortunatly possible that a file may not be saved because the expected content is corrupt for some reason. A possible fix is to try to save the project. quit prefab and reload the project then export. If saving the project does fail too, please report to me and provide me the original files+flow so I can reproduce and hopefully fix.

muroko, Newbie
Posted: 08 March 2013 05:56 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 7 ]

Today i tried just to import the body model (3 mesh) to Prefab3D and i could export it in awd2 format (it also loads in the flash file), only one tiny problem is that i set the textures to be 2-sided but in the flash it only shows one side. Also the diffuse texture is all good but the normals (bump) are still external. Is there no way to put them inside the awd file?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X