Sprite3D particles?

Software: Away3D 4.x

xynsei, Newbie
Posted: 06 January 2013 02:32 PM   Total Posts: 10

I tried out particle introduction tutorial and im really impressed by the number of objects i can use but sadly i cant get the result i want from them. originally i have a star field and with 1k separate Sprite3d objects it gets slow. With particle mesh i can run 2k+ plane geometries smoothly but if i rotate the particle mesh/camera 90+ degrees they turn invisible - they are one sided can i have them two sided?. Only workaround i can think of is have 3(or 6 if cant have double sided) plane geometries crossed each rotated 90 degrees on x,y, or z. That probably wont look as good as plane facing camera tho but ill try that if there are no other options. Maybe there is something i am missing.

Cheng Liao, Administrator
Posted: 06 January 2013 02:54 PM   Total Posts: 116   [ # 1 ]

You can add the ParticleBillboardNode(which can let all paticles always face to camera) to the animation set. See the fire example: https://github.com/away3d/away3d-examples-fp11/blob/dev/src/Basic_Fire.as

xynsei, Newbie
Posted: 06 January 2013 03:29 PM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 2 ]

Works like a charm :D yUp on plane has to be false - took me few minutes to figure that out. Thanks.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X