A3D 3.6 - BitmapData Filter animation

Software: Away3D 3.x

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 27 July 2011 02:09 PM   Total Posts: 209

Hi,

Slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone has managed to do alpha transitions via bitmap data from 1 image to another?

I have a cube that has a mouse over glow filter applied to it, but also need to change the front face in a alpha tween from image 1 to image 2.

This is all fine and easy. But if I use moviematerial for the face that requires the alpha image tween the glowfilter gets applied to it rather than just the cube.

So I am trying to do the alpha tween via bitmapdata and then update the bitmapmaterial on the cubes front face as bitmapmaterial doesnt seem to be affected by the glow.

I’ve been trying some bitmapdata merge, draw, matrix tweens with alpha offsets and lots of other params but not finding anything that is fading out correctly.

Or is there a better way to apply a filter and to transition the image on 1 side of a cube to another at the same time via the alpha property?

Thanks

Darcey

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 July 2011 11:03 AM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 1 ]

would using a composite material as a container for two layers of material get it done? Run your tween on the alpha of each?

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 28 July 2011 11:17 AM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 2 ]

I always forget about that material! Nice 1 job done.

10,000,000,000 lines of bitmapdata code removed lol

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 July 2011 05:05 PM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 3 ]

ah good. You’ve helped me with your demos about a dozen times so glad to return the favor.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X