Resizing View3D?

Software: Away3D 4.x

TerryMcG, Newbie
Posted: 24 December 2012 07:44 AM   Total Posts: 7

Is it possible to resize a View3D object? I want to build an interface with a mini Away3D layer on top of a Starling layer? When I set the scale or width and height properties of a view3d, it ends up just clipping the scene?

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 24 December 2012 12:32 PM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 1 ]

you need to change size of proxy to

_stage3DProxy.width = stage.stageWidth;
_stage3DProxy.height = stage.stageHeight;
_view.width = stage.stageWidth;
_view.height = stage.stageHeight;

TerryMcG, Newbie
Posted: 25 December 2012 12:52 AM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 2 ]
loth - 24 December 2012 12:32 PM

you need to change size of proxy to

_stage3DProxy.width = stage.stageWidth;
_stage3DProxy.height = stage.stageHeight;
_view.width = stage.stageWidth;
_view.height = stage.stageHeight;

Thanks loth. Resizing the _stage3DProxy does make the viewport smaller but then my Starling Layers end up getting clipped.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have an Away3D layer that is 50% the size of the stage, while having a Starling Layer that is 100% the size of the stage?

I’ve attached a screenshot of the “interoperation” tutorial where I made the size of the stage3DProxy 50% smaller. As you can see the, the Away3D layer is scaled down 50% but the Starling layer ends up getting clipped.

TerryMcG, Newbie
Posted: 27 December 2012 12:23 AM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 3 ]

After much experimentation with Away3D and Starling integration, it seems that you cannot transform the size and coordinates of the Away3D viewport without affecting the Starling Layer as well.

OceanBreezeGames, Newbie
Posted: 16 July 2015 01:42 PM   Total Posts: 12   [ # 4 ]

I’ve adjusted the Away3D viewport on a shared Starling/Away3D setup without affecting both. Just adjust the x,y / width,height of your View3D. I was able to position my Away3D view wherever I wanted and still have the Starling be the full size of the stage.

‹‹ Glass material

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X