Model import, put in detection workflow

Software: Away3D 4.x

philipp, Newbie
Posted: 08 November 2012 09:36 AM   Total Posts: 2

Hello Everybody!

I have a basic Question related to the workflow. I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and I use fb4linux, to develop flash on this platform. I want to use Blender to create some Models, import them with away3d and detect their collisions with away physics.

My Question is:

Can I go this way in the tool chain? Is it possible to create Bodies for imported Models (does collada work for this)? Textures and Shading is not that complicated, physics are more important.

Thanks in advance,
greetings philipp

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 17 December 2012 11:41 PM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 1 ]

sure you can use any model you want collada awd 3ds what ever you want
in awayphysics use
var m:Mesh = “your imported model”
sceneShape = new AWPBvhTriangleMeshShape(m.geometry);
sceneBody = new AWPRigidBody(sceneShape, m, 1);

maryrussel1, Newbie
Posted: 22 December 2012 09:10 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 2 ]

Yes you can definitely go with the chain and along with that, you can have several options of the models.

organic facial cleanser

philipp, Newbie
Posted: 16 January 2013 05:21 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 3 ]

Thanks a lot for the answers, I am a bit late because I had to dive into away3d a bit more, but right now I have got everythink working so far!

Since I could not manage to make blender spit out my models as collada I switched over to 3ds.

BUT if have one question left in connection to the workflow: The animation I am about to create should animate exact (or not more than) 26 glyphs of the alphabet in 3D space and I would cry out for pleasure if I could manage to create them as Softbody. Does it make sense to plan this, concerned to Performance? How many vertices can be possible per Glyph?

Greetings philipp

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 16 January 2013 05:43 PM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 4 ]

use box for glyphs or compond object box+cylinder
this method is best for static mesh

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X